ipad, prepaid data?
    what kind of sim card do the ipad 2 and 3 use? is it a micro sim or a regular sim card?

im thinking of getting an ipad 2 refurbed, but if i go with att they want to throw me in a contract but i have a att prepaid sim with data on it and was wondering if i can put it in the ipad - or is there any other option for prepaid data on an ipad? and what kind of sim cards do they use?

thanks

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7+, Numerous iPods, Sierra
    As far as I know, both AT&T and Verizon do not require a contract in order to use an iPad on their system. I have a Verizon iPad 3 cellular LTE version which I can pay on a monthly basis for 4G data usage. No contract required. AT&T is the same. I'm not sure of the SIM card size as I have never removed mine from the iPad but from the look of the slot it fits in, it appears to be smaller than the regular size for a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    As far as I know, both AT&T and Verizon do not require a contract in order to use an iPad on their system. I have a Verizon iPad 3 cellular LTE version which I can pay on a monthly basis for 4G data usage. No contract required. AT&T is the same. I'm not sure of the SIM card size as I have never removed mine from the iPad but from the look of the slot it fits in, it appears to be smaller than the regular size for a phone.
    Nice, did you get it online or from a store? Looking online they seem to require contracts at att and Verizon sites. Maybe it's different at the stores?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7+, Numerous iPods, Sierra
    I purchased my iPad 3 from a local Apple store that's nearby my home here in the Fort Worth area of Texas. At the time I purchased it, the sales person recommended the Verizon 4G version since their coverage was the best. No contract required. When it came time to turn on cellular coverage, I accessed it direct from the iPad 3 and paid for one month usage direct to Verizon Wireless.

Verizon Wireless then assigned a mobile number and billing - all on my iPad. Very easy to do. After the month expired, I did not renew. However, I can renew anytime in a 5 month period without having to get a new number.

iPad Mini
    Really cool!

hey so can anyone speak on behalf of the iPad mini? i was looking at the nexus 7 and the mini i think would be a better buy then the 7 and a refurbed ipad 2.

but i also heard that the mini is just a last minute product apple threw together to get some extra Christmas sales....is this true? or is it a true iPad with actual thought behind it and Apple quality?

Specs:
    16Gb Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Sento View Post
    Really cool!

hey so can anyone speak on behalf of the iPad mini? i was looking at the nexus 7 and the mini i think would be a better buy then the 7 and a refurbed ipad 2.

but i also heard that the mini is just a last minute product apple threw together to get some extra Christmas sales....is this true? or is it a true iPad with actual thought behind it and Apple quality?
    I bought an iPad Mini and two weeks later sold my iPad2. Last minute or years in the planning makes no difference. It's a great machine that only lacks a Retina screen to make it almost perfect.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information