New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Buying an ex-ipad display

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

johnkerr

johnkerr is on a distinguished road

Hi all

First post and need some advice.

Due to the company going into administration, I could get my hands on a display iPad for cheap.

It seems to work just like a normal iPad but I was told that it is supplied specifically to be a display, with what I assume different programs or limitations.

My questions would be:

-Are these ipads really just an iPad or are they majorly different?
-If they are one in the same, but i needed someone to clean/change anything in it. Could this be done by a computer person?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

John
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I think your referring to an iPad that was a display model. You didn't mention which iPad it is but I'll assume it's either the iPad 2 or 3 since the iPad 4 models are too new. You probably should have someone who knows about the iPad and how to use it to test it for you before buying. After buying it, you can reset it back to factory specs by attaching it to your PC or Mac running iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad 2 v 3 what's is best for my use? | Button doesn't work »