Thread: Airport Express

Airport Express
    Hi,

I travel worldwide and use my Ipad with a local prepaid wifi card in each country I travel to.

I want to create a hot spot from this wifi in order to access the internet on my laptop. (please note I do not have the hopspot function on my Ipad).

Can the Airport Express do this. My understanding from the write-ups is that the Airport Express requires a cabled internet input to then create the hot spot

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    No - that's not going to work. Your wi-fi on your iPad doesn't have any routing capability. Airport Express can be used to "extend" a wi-fi network - but that's from another wi-fi router - or, as you already mentioned, act as a wi-fi access point if physically connected to Ethernet.

Thanks Brian

Thread Information