iPad WiFi Internet Question
    Hi all, I am thinking about getting an iPad on WiFi only as I can't afford the 3G version. Question is I have an iPhone 4S on O2 network and was wondering if its possible to share my phones internet via WiFi with the iPad?

Thanks

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    You need to check with your iPhone carrier to see if they allow that without an additional charge. Ask them about using your iPhone to create a WiFi "hotspot".

Hmm so it is possible to share but it depends on the network?

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    You need to check with your iPhone carrier to see if they allow that without an additional charge. Ask them about using your iPhone to create a WiFi "hotspot".

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    All networks allow it, most charge extra for it. In the US, every smartphone has a voice plan and a data plan (capped to something), and if you want to use the smartphone as a hotspot/tethering, then you have to pay extra for that before it is available for use. Some people were doing this for free after jailbreaking their phones, but the carriers figured it out and shut them down..

So as chscag said, call your carrier and see if they'll allow you to do it for free, if not, see how much they're going to charge you..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

IPad location services
    I have a related query. I have an iphone4 (AT&T) which has hotspot activated. I just purchased an iPad 3 wifi and was told by the apple store (and apple support senior tech later) that location services would work via hotspot on iPhone. I have discovered that when I am in area in which I have 3G service but no wifi sites visible, location services cannot find me. From this performance I assume that ipad must be able to hear at least one router for this to work even though I am not connected to wifi at all. Wonder why this is so since iPhone has location data available whether wifi is in area or not - via cell site ID and GPS?? I hate to spend the additional $129 to obtain info that should be available. Any thoughts?

Thread Information