Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" 2.5GHz Intel Core i5
    Is The iPad Worth It?
    I just bought a MacBook Pro, but I've also started looking in to iPad 2's because they're much cheaper than "The New" iPad. It's like $400 or so. Anyways, I would use the MacBook more at home, and the iPad at school. Is it worth it? Or, is it even necessary?

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendon1215 View Post
    I just bought a MacBook Pro, but I've also started looking in to iPad 2's because they're much cheaper than "The New" iPad. It's like $400 or so. Anyways, I would use the MacBook more at home, and the iPad at school. Is it worth it? Or, is it even necessary?
    Search, search, search. We get this exact question from laptop owners all the time! We've been getting this question for over 2.5 years (since the iPad 1's were released). Same question…same answers.

- Nick

p.s. Here's a thread to get you started:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipa...d-not-buy.html
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    MBA mid-2013 1.3GHz i5, 4GB 1600MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536MB; iPhone 6; iPad Air2, 64GB
    I have a MacBook issued by my school, and an iPad, and I love having both. If you're on a budget, I think the iPad 2 is the way to go. If you are going to be doing a lot of keyboarding, you might be better off using the MacBook Pro at school though; most people don't like taking notes on the iPad.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    With a BT keyboard case the iPad can be an ideal school machine. I love my iPad (the 2012 version), never owned the iPad 2 but I did previously have the iPad (original). Great machines, solid as a rock, so incredibly versatile.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcat View Post
    I have a MacBook issued by my school, and an iPad, and I love having both. If you're on a budget, I think the iPad 2 is the way to go. If you are going to be doing a lot of keyboarding, you might be better off using the MacBook Pro at school though; most people don't like taking notes on the iPad.
    That's a good point. Or maybe, like you said, I could use it the opposite way. The Macbook Pro for my note taking and homework and my iPad for browsing the internet or whatever. Thank you for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    With a BT keyboard case the iPad can be an ideal school machine. I love my iPad (the 2012 version), never owned the iPad 2 but I did previously have the iPad (original). Great machines, solid as a rock, so incredibly versatile.
    Do you have "The New" iPad? Thanks for your input!

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I purchased a BT keyboard for my iPad 3rd generation from Amazon for $44. Well worth the price if you intend to do a lot of typing on your iPad. The Amazon keyboard has a small footprint but yet comfortable to use. It's thin enough to fit in my carry case that I bought for the iPad. Here's the LINK for the keyboard.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Yes, I sold my original iPad and bought a "New" iPad on the day it came out. For me it's been terrific, and it has become incredibly popular at my presentations (which are usually more Mac-centric).

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    I purchased a BT keyboard for my iPad 3rd generation from Amazon for $44. Well worth the price if you intend to do a lot of typing on your iPad. The Amazon keyboard has a small footprint but yet comfortable to use. It's thin enough to fit in my carry case that I bought for the iPad. Here's the LINK for the keyboard.
    Oh, that isn't too bad. I was expecting that it'd be more like $80 or so. I'll definitely look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Yes, I sold my original iPad and bought a "New" iPad on the day it came out. For me it's been terrific, and it has become incredibly popular at my presentations (which are usually more Mac-centric).
    That's what I was thinking; using the iPad as for that kind of stuff. I could just create everything on my MacBook, and run it to my iPad via iCloud, and I'll be able to everything from there.

I have owned two Ipad's. My main complaint was the size and weight and the lack of a BlueTooth mouse support.
    I recently purchased a ASUS/Nexus 7, 7" screen and it supports bluetooth mouse and Keyboard. If the smaller Ipad was available I probably would have bought that one.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I'm not sure why you think you need a BT mouse on an iPad? I'm a bit old fashioned myself and still use a wired mouse on my iMac, but even I don't feel the need for a mouse on my 9" iPad. And can not possibly see how useful it would be on the 7" Nexus? To each his own....

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    IOS does not support a mouse as it's a full touch screen device and none is needed either. Now an external keyboard is nice though and fully supported!

Specs:
    2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
    That's only a question you can answer for yourself.

Specs:
    MacBook Air 11 inch 2012, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4S(soon to be iphone5), iPad 4g/wifi.
    I use my iPad every day. In my mind it has more than paid for itself already.

Thread Information