New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad 2 v 3 what's is best for my use?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bluechase

Bluechase is on a distinguished road

Hi all, I'm lookin at gettin an iPad but I am unsure what is best for me, i already use an Imac OS X 10.6.8. I will generally be browsing the Internet sending emails, and streaming movies via rental websites to be connected upto my HDTV and the odd movie download. What one will suite my needs and what's the best accessories so it streams with out buffering and not Take up all the memory. All comments are helpful :-)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Both iPads can do what you need it for. The big difference between the 2 and 3 is the Retina display on the 3 and if you opt for the cellular model, the ability to use the iPad at LTE speeds (4G) when WiFi is not available. I purchased the 3rd Generation iPad because we occasionally are away from WiFi but have access to a cellular signal with LTE speeds. (I own the Verizon model)
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Either one will do what you require, but the iPad 3 has a much better screen and is "newer" (sorta) and this is likely to go obsolete less quickly. The screen is worth the extra benjamin IMO.
QUOTE Thanks
ethansamuel17

ethansamuel17 is on a distinguished road

I prefer to purchase iPad3. Apple's "intelligent assistant" technology is only available on the iPad 3.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

As with any electronics, and especially computers, always buy the best you can afford. If you hold out another month, get the iPad 4.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I agree with Deckyon and the speed difference in the 4 with the new A6 is worth it IMO.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipad photos to iphotos | Buying an ex-ipad display »