New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

HELP: Trying to back up iPad to new MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ayetee

ayetee is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I hoping someone can help me.

Basically, I a iPad that i need to back up to my mac before i send it into repairs (screen suddenly went blank..)

the issue is that my mac was recently wiped clean, thus i've lost any back ups so when i connect my iPad to my mac it does not sync my content automatically to my mac

How to i retrieve the contents on my iPad and back it up to my Mac?

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You have to give us more info about your Mac. Which version of OS X is it running? You may be able to back up your iPad to the cloud. Also, do you have iTunes running on your Mac (you said it was wiped clean)?
QUOTE Thanks
ayetee

ayetee is on a distinguished road

hi thanks for the reply.

MBP OSX 10.6, i have installed iTunes (latest edition), but because it's the first time i've sync it with my MBP, it provides me with an option to erase my iPad, which i don't want to do because i got heaps of info i want to back up first
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You can't use iCloud but you can use iTunes to backup your iPad. Follow the instructions in this Apple KB article. Follow them carefully: LINK
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photo want sync to iPad | iPad - Nothing happens when connected to PC. »