Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    late 2012 IMac 27", early 2015 MBPr, early 2014 MBA, mid 2010 MB (10,11.3), iPhone 6 (iOS 9).
    I bought an iPad
    I didn't need one and never really wanted one but after a visit to my local store where everything went hazy for 10 minutes and I turned into an excited child I went and bought a new iPad.

We already have an iMac and MacBook along with an iPhone and iPod touch, so my question is, what do we do with this thing now??!?!
    nobody expects the Spanish inquisition...

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    I use mine constantly (in fact I'm using it now to respond to your post). And, I have pretty much the same as you, except Mac Mini instead of iMac and gave away my iPod Touch.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    I use mine for e-mailing, browsing, watching Netflix wherever I go, reading books..

I'm sure you can find some use for it, if not, you are still within the return period I'm sure to just give it back and spend the money elsewhere..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    Use it for what you thought you bought it for its a convient way of surfing,email,photo viewing and apps that has the longest battery life of any iDevice while being portable enough and big enough not to induce eyestrain.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by osxx View Post
    Use it for what you thought you bought it for its a convient way of surfing,email,photo viewing and apps that has the longest battery life of any iDevice while being portable enough and big enough not to induce eyestrain.
    +1

Just don't try to say that all I one breath.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    I see you're in Wales - if you have Sky, check out all their apps - movies/TV on the go, remote control from you iPad, remote record.

Web browsing, email, Netflix, iPlayer, Spotify, Twitter, remote desktop to your Macs, photo viewing , editing, News and games. That's just from the stuff I use daily on the first page of my iPad.

Depends on your interests but have a look at:
    Tweetbot
    Flipboard
    iPlayer
    Paper
    LogMeIN
    Dropbox
    Evernote
    Spotify
    Photosync
    Photogene2
    StreamToMe
    IMDB
    Fieldrunners2
    iPhoto
    Pages
    iMovie
    Chrome
    Atomic Web Browser
    VeVo
    Netflix
    4oD
    Demand5
    ITVPlayer
    TVCatchUp
    I think that'll do to be going on with.
    When the first iPad came out I thought - big iPod Touch, not interested. I tried one in the Apple store and was immediately beguiled, but walked away. My good lady bought one for me as a birthday present. I've since replaced that with a new iPad. Now you'd need to prise the thing from my cold dead hands
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    late 2012 IMac 27", early 2015 MBPr, early 2014 MBA, mid 2010 MB (10,11.3), iPhone 6 (iOS 9).
    Thanks everyone

Perhaps I should have worded the question differently. What do I do that I don't already use the other stuff for?

One thing I thought about was using it as a photo viewer when out in the field taking pictures but thanks to the biblically wet weather here at the moment haven't had a chance to do so yet.

Mrplow, I've got the sky go app on my phone and laptop so that's me maxed out there but thanks.
    nobody expects the Spanish inquisition...

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    You still want to look at sky cloud wifi and the sky + app
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyr View Post
    Thanks everyone

Perhaps I should have worded the question differently. What do I do that I don't already use the other stuff for?

One thing I thought about was using it as a photo viewer when out in the field taking pictures but thanks to the biblically wet weather here at the moment haven't had a chance to do so yet.

Mrplow, I've got the sky go app on my phone and laptop so that's me maxed out there but thanks.
    You can't do anything with your iPad and that you can't do with what you already have. Of course you can perform surgery with a razor blade instead of a scalpel and use an axe in place of a chainsaw.

It is all about convenience and user experience. If that doesn't matter or isn't better for you, then return it. You don't need an iPad.

I love my iPad, use it every day to surf forums like this one, watch Netflix & PBS. I love the camera & the ability to quickly edit & share pictures. The voice dictation is also amazing and the screen quality is top shelf. Congrats on your new toy

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I use my iPad when I'm too lazy to drag myself out of bed. Which is pretty much all the time. I also use it when I go out of the house where I know I'm going to have a lot of "free time." IE. shopping with the G/f. >_>"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyr View Post
    Thanks everyone

This is almost true but you will not have to put it on the charger as quick as your other devices in case you have not tried it the thing will go 12+ hours before it quits.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by osxx View Post
    This is almost true but you will not have to put it on the charger as quick as your other devices in case you have not tried it the thing will go 12+ hours before it quits.
    Oh I don't know about 12+ hours. I get maybe 8, but that's with wifi, and screen brightness at 100%.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Ipad
    I have a MacBook Pro and I've been thinking about getting an iPad. The reason I haven't gotten it yet is because I keep asking myself, why do I need it when I have the MacBook Pro? Would that be a waste of money? I am planning a trip to Thailand for Christmas and I thought the iPad might be more convenient, but is it worth the extra money?

Specs:
    I think its great for on the go almost instant on and use besides being very portable and not having to charge as often as other devices and mirroring with an Apple TV3 is a plus when friends and family are over.

Thread Information