New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Apple Mini Ipad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tuesday

tuesday is on a distinguished road

Hello Group

I have a question about the look of the new Ipad Mini. Do you think both front and back will look the same as they do now? I am hoping for the same look just smaller. i really like the sliver unibody and hope its going to be the exact look Thanks for your time and help.

Milan
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I don't put a lot of stock in this rumour, quite frankly. Apple isn't getting clobbered by the mass popularity of 7-inch tablets; in fact only one has done at all well (the Kindle Fire) and that's sank back into obscurity after everyone got one for xmas and realised what a piece o' ... um, stuff ... it is.

So I can't see any economic reason for them to produce a 7-inch iPad, not to mention that tarring-and-feathering they'd get from Cult of Steve-ites (myself included!), since he said it was a stupid idea and, thus far, has been proven correct.

Note that this does NOT rule out the idea of Apple producing a 7-inch device for some OTHER purpose(s). I could be wrong, of course ... Apple prides itself on being unpredictable ... but I haven't seen a compelling case for a mini-iPad yet.
QUOTE Thanks
macguy90

macguy90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor

If Apple were to release a 7-inch tablet, I imagine it would keep the overall design theme of the larger iPad. However- it's important to note that this "iPad mini" is only a rumor. I am very happy with my iPad 3rd Gen, and quite honestly I don't see why Apple should, or needs to enter the 7-inch tablet market. Steve Jobs said a few times before his death that "7-inch tablets suck", so I would hope that Apple honors his wishes...but who knows. I personally don't care for 7-inch tablets, so this is one of the few times that I think Apple should not release a new product. There's no need to fragment the iPad line-up.

 MacBook Air 13'' (2013) 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7
 iPad 4 (16GB) White
 AT&T iPhone 5 (32GB) Black
 Original iPad (16GB) Black
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New iPad (iPad 3) Cases and skins | Weird duplicate song issue on my iPad »