New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

How do I get photos from my ipad to my imac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ellenmac

ellenmac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod

if i travel and put all my photos on the ipad, how do I get them to my Imac once I am home?
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

iphoto sees it as a camera so you can import them direct into there

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Image Capture (also on your iMac) can also be used if for whatever reason you're not using iPhoto.
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.1

If you used Photostream on iCloud then they would already be on your iMac when you got back.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010, WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen,ATV2, Samsung LE40 Series 6, Denon AVR1910, Kef HTS 1001.2s and Kube-1 Sub
Denon DCD510AE, Panasonic DMP-BD60,Sky+HD,Logitech Harmony One Advanced. MOTM October 2012.
QUOTE Thanks
codda

codda is a jewel in the roughcodda is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendlewitch View Post
If you used Photostream on iCloud then they would already be on your iMac when you got back.
If your running Lion....
QUOTE Thanks
ethansamuel17

ethansamuel17 is on a distinguished road

"You can transfer images from iPad to iMac by using USB flash drive & camera connection kit.
Plug the flash drive into your computer
Create new folder titled DCIM
Put your movie/photo files into the folder
Files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN2569.jpg)
Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit
Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import.
"
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansamuel17 View Post
"You can transfer images from iPad to iMac by using USB flash drive & camera connection kit.
Plug the flash drive into your computer
Create new folder titled DCIM
Put your movie/photo files into the folder
Files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN2569.jpg)
Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit
Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import.
"
Sorry, don't like to 'stamp' on a new members post But that won't work. That's an 'old' trick for getting files ONTO the iPad. There's no way to copy them FROM the iPad in this way I'm afraid.

The main options are:
iCloud sync to iPhoto, wi-fi sync to iPhoto, cable sync to iPhoto, image capture by cable to a destination of your choosing or cable connection to an app of your choosing (aperture, Picasa, Adobe Bridege etc).

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Image Capture (also on your iMac) can also be used if for whatever reason you're not using iPhoto.
You learn new things every day

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad or MBP? | "Where's My Water?" App makes my iPad very hot and drains the battery! »