New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Change iPad Account

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

artcarney

artcarney is on a distinguished road

I have an iPad Gen 1 that I want to give to my girlfriend.

She has her own Apple ID, how do we change the iPad from my Apple ID to her's?

We realize any apps I had on it will be gone, not a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

One way would be for her to attach the iPad to her machine, open iTunes, reset the iPad, and then change the name on the iPad to whatever she wishes.
QUOTE Thanks
artcarney

artcarney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
One way would be for her to attach the iPad to her machine, open iTunes, reset the iPad, and then change the name on the iPad to whatever she wishes.
Thanks! I'll try that tomorrow!
QUOTE Thanks
TheAppleKid

TheAppleKid is on a distinguished road

if you go to settings->store then sign out of your apple id and into hers the apps wont leave unless she syncs it with her computer
QUOTE Thanks
drmac9757

drmac9757 is on a distinguished road

because your giving it to her and you probably dont want your data on it you should plug it into her computer and open itunes then select the ipad and click restore in the general tab, after that follow the instructions and you can set it up to her personal preferences
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Song lead-sheets on an iPad ... | copy iPad content to a new iMAC »