New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Want help buying cables to connect ipad to projector

Thread Closed

kemnet

kemnet is on a distinguished road

hello forum.
I need to connect my ipad to a projector to show a simple application. Not a video, or music or movie of none of that. just a simple app graphic intensive.
I want to know if these cables will work before i order them

Amazon.com: Standard 15-Pin VGA Male to VGA Male Cable: Electronics

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-Con...8580941&sr=1-3

i bought the male to male because my projector and the end of the ipad cable connectors are both female ends.

Thanks for the help
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

What you didn't answer was whether your iPad is running iOS 5 or higher and is an iPad 2 or 2012 iPad. If it's the original iPad this isn't going to work.

Apple TV: How to use AirPlay Mirroring

I have a third-gen iPad and can do exactly what you describe with the two pieces you link to.

I did, however, find that for my purposes it was easier to use Reflection ($15) an app that essentially turns your Mac into an AirPlay receiver so that you can do video mirroring to IT and of course IT is connected to the projector.

This allows me to wander the room with my iPad untethered from the projector. I happen to use my Mac as the receiver but without Reflection I could have used a (black) Apple TV that was connected to the projector instead (if the projector had HDMI, that is).
kemnet

kemnet is on a distinguished road

It is an iPad 2, but i cant use the reflection app because...i dont have an orginal mac(cant afford it) but i have a mac partition on my windows pc. one of the short comings of that is i lack alot of the functionality mac offers and leave me with only the basics
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Having a Mac partition on your PC is in violation of the Apple EULA and general licensing of Mac OS X. What you have is a "Hackintosh". We do not discuss or condone illegal activities in these forums. I'm sorry but no further help will be given. Thread closed.

Thread Closed

« iPad and wireless keyboard won't pair | Audiobooks on the New I Pad »