New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Thumbdrive(USB) to iPad2?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Franco2Mac

Franco2Mac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Non Intel based I-Mac

I purchased an iPad2 for my wife a couple weeks ago, and I have it all loaded up with apps. However, I would like to move some photo's from the Terrabyte drive that's on our home computer, as well as some text files and it sure would be much easier if I could use a USB thumbdrive instead of the whole sync/iTunes routine. I've seen an adapter that takes the 32pin connector on one side and accepts a USB drive on the other, but I don't know if this will work on an iPad.(saw this at a GameShop) My concern is that the necessary drivers may not be present within the iPad OS.

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of a third party device that allows one to pull/transfer files in and out of an iPad?

Thanks

KKKKFL
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

The iPad doesn't really have a file manager. So, although you could conceivable connect a flash storage device of some sort, you have no native way of manipulating the files. iTunes handles this for you.

Another alternative you may wish to consider would be just using Dropbox.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

iPad != regular computer. Keeping that in mind will answer a lot of questions automatically for you. If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you already know what the iPad can and can not do.

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« pull Video off from iPad? | Best ereader app for iPad? »