New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

sync ipad2 with imac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

marbra

marbra is on a distinguished road

I have a itunes account and have set up my ipad with it.(sync) what i need to do is get rid of all the pictures i have downloaded from my mac. i go back to photos under itunes uncheck all the folders and hit apply then sync. its doing something for at least 5 minutes then gives me a window saying --the ipads **********cannot be synced you do not have the privlieges to make changes.
can i get step by step instructions on how to delete these photos?

thanks, Mark
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

This can happen if you are trying to sync photos from a shared folder. Have you definitely unchecked all photos? - ie. it says photos 0 (zero) on the top right of the photos tab in iTunes.

Also, do you have multiple users? Does this happen on all users?

If you're using iPhoto some people report deleting all versions of the iPod photo cache can relieve the issue:
User-Pictures-iPhoto Library-iPod Photo Cache

Which version of iTunes?
Are you running OSX? which version?
or Windows? Which version?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad game sounds not working | New iPad uneven tint - a note of thanks »