New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

What color is your iPad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TF626

TF626 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic

I have a black iPad. I kind of got sick of the white look especially with my iPhone being white. I feel like the black looks much sleeker, and blends in great with your background. Anyone think Apple in a few years could introduce a third color for the iPad? I wouldn't mind seeing a silver device either.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

I have White, Black shows too many fingerprints but tahts my OCD i guess lol
QUOTE Thanks
mjager

mjager is on a distinguished road

Mines Henry ford black, it's much too complicated for a company like apple to make different colors LOL
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Black
QUOTE Thanks
Namllihs

Namllihs is on a distinguished road

Mine is black so is the wife's.
QUOTE Thanks
wavinwayne

wavinwayne has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"

Mine is white.

Don't believe anything I tell you, unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true, or unless you have taken the time to research the matter to prove its accuracy to your satisfaction. This is known as "doing your homework."
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
This would have been better served as a poll question.

Mine's black.
I agree . . . done.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Since the orignal iPad came in black (which is my wife's), I bought the iPad 2 for myself in white - it got distracting IMHO when I was watching movies or doing anything with a dark background. The New iPad I have is black - it seems to be less obtrusive when working with either light or dark.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac.Man

Mac.Man is on a distinguished road

Mine is Black. I have owned each generation of iPad and they have all been black.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I've been watching this thread now for about 2 weeks...and I'm still scratching my head (confused).

I don't mean to invalidate the thread...but how interesting is a thread that asks..."What color is your iPad?" I mean there are only two choices...white or black.

This is kind of like the old Ford Model T automobile saying..."You can have any color you want...as long as it's black!"

If you have a black iPad...awesome...and if you have a white iPad...awesome as well! I think that it's more interesting to hear why folks picked white or black (reasons other than I like the color)...such as:

- "I think black is better because it shows dirt less."
- "I think white is better because it shows fingerprints less."

If we were talking about the old G3 iMacs...where there were about 10 different color or print versions to choose from over the "lifespan" of the G3 iMacs...the color choice or preference question would be MUCH more interesting!

Again...either color chosen is great...but when there are just two choices...it makes for a rather "slow" thread! Even after more than two weeks...the OP hasn't returned!

Maybe I'm missing something...or looking for more thread excitement!

- Nick

p.s. Even the poll is sort of unexciting...5 votes for black...0 votes for white. Other than it looks like black is preferred.

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
mister2

mister2 is on a distinguished road

I have an iPad 2 white and an iPad 2 black.
Both are 64GB wi-fi only.
One stays home (black) and one travels with me (white)

Since I have them both in Griffin Survivor cases, they both look black.

Color has never been an issue for me.

I enjoy exploring the many different ways to use this device from a coffee table browser to a laptop replacement machine.

-Mike
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Black. I find that on the iPad vs the iPhone/iPod, the bezel is much more important and that white is a huge distraction. As a wannabee photographer, I want both myself and my clients to be drawn in to the photo, and not the white bezel. Same goes for video I guess. When you're watching something, you're likely to be a bit sidetracked by the bezel if it's white.

Now the iPhone on the other hand, I find to be sexy in white.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

My dad has black I have white. I spent over a month trying to find a white one and finally got one. I got it when it first came out. I actually paid the store to hold it for me. I think the white better fits me because everything else I have is black.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

iPad 2 is white. Original iPad is black.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
heiko_s

heiko_s is on a distinguished road

My father and I both own a white one.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Bertrand Russell
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Splitter? | Ipad 3 Screen Replacement - Purchase »