Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iPad Hardware and Accessories (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipad-hardware-accessories/)
-   -   What color is your iPad? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipad-hardware-accessories/272505-what-color-your-ipad.html)

TF626 04-15-2012 09:07 PM

What color is your iPad?

I have a black iPad. I kind of got sick of the white look especially with my iPhone being white. I feel like the black looks much sleeker, and blends in great with your background. Anyone think Apple in a few years could introduce a third color for the iPad? I wouldn't mind seeing a silver device either.

chas_m 04-16-2012 04:24 AM

This would have been better served as a poll question.

Mine's black.

macjuicy23 04-19-2012 09:49 AM

I have White, Black shows too many fingerprints but tahts my OCD i guess lol

mjager 04-26-2012 12:20 PM

Mines Henry ford black, it's much too complicated for a company like apple to make different colors LOL

osxx 04-26-2012 12:37 PM

Black

Namllihs 04-27-2012 03:01 PM

Mine is black so is the wife's.

wavinwayne 05-06-2012 02:24 PM

Mine is white.

RavingMac 05-06-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chas_m (Post 1394980)
This would have been better served as a poll question.

Mine's black.

I agree . . . done. :)

IvanLasston 05-07-2012 12:19 PM

Since the orignal iPad came in black (which is my wife's), I bought the iPad 2 for myself in white - it got distracting IMHO when I was watching movies or doing anything with a dark background. The New iPad I have is black - it seems to be less obtrusive when working with either light or dark.

Mac.Man 05-07-2012 04:39 PM

Mine is Black. I have owned each generation of iPad and they have all been black.

pigoo3 05-07-2012 04:51 PM

I've been watching this thread now for about 2 weeks...and I'm still scratching my head (confused).:Confused:

I don't mean to invalidate the thread...but how interesting is a thread that asks..."What color is your iPad?" I mean there are only two choices...white or black.;)

This is kind of like the old Ford Model T automobile saying..."You can have any color you want...as long as it's black!";)

If you have a black iPad...awesome...and if you have a white iPad...awesome as well!:) I think that it's more interesting to hear why folks picked white or black (reasons other than I like the color)...such as:

- "I think black is better because it shows dirt less."
- "I think white is better because it shows fingerprints less."

If we were talking about the old G3 iMacs...where there were about 10 different color or print versions to choose from over the "lifespan" of the G3 iMacs...the color choice or preference question would be MUCH more interesting!:)

Again...either color chosen is great...but when there are just two choices...it makes for a rather "slow" thread!;) Even after more than two weeks...the OP hasn't returned!:(

Maybe I'm missing something...or looking for more thread excitement!;)

- Nick

p.s. Even the poll is sort of unexciting...5 votes for black...0 votes for white. Other than it looks like black is preferred.

mister2 05-08-2012 01:48 PM

I have an iPad 2 white and an iPad 2 black.
Both are 64GB wi-fi only.
One stays home (black) and one travels with me (white)

Since I have them both in Griffin Survivor cases, they both look black.

Color has never been an issue for me.

I enjoy exploring the many different ways to use this device from a coffee table browser to a laptop replacement machine.

-Mike

Doug b 05-08-2012 02:15 PM

Black. I find that on the iPad vs the iPhone/iPod, the bezel is much more important and that white is a huge distraction. As a wannabee photographer, :o I want both myself and my clients to be drawn in to the photo, and not the white bezel. Same goes for video I guess. When you're watching something, you're likely to be a bit sidetracked by the bezel if it's white.

Now the iPhone on the other hand, I find to be sexy in white.

Doug

rabbitjetta 05-08-2012 08:35 PM

My dad has black I have white. I spent over a month trying to find a white one and finally got one. I got it when it first came out. I actually paid the store to hold it for me. I think the white better fits me because everything else I have is black.

Stretch 05-08-2012 10:19 PM

iPad 2 is white. Original iPad is black.