New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Google search results not making the link.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

A recent problem is getting me somewhat annoyed ...
On my iPad Google produces results of a search but then the links are just not working when clicked on. It just stays on the results page and seemingly makes no effort to link to the selected item. If I can only access websites by keying the web address directly. Any ideas please?

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

try reloading the google search that usually fixes it for me. another thing you can do is clear history,cookies and cache in safari settings and see if that helps the issue.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitjetta View Post
try reloading the google search that usually fixes it for me. another thing you can do is clear history,cookies and cache in safari settings and see if that helps the issue.
Hi, Thanks for the ideas but we've tried all those and still no result! Checking on Google every possible forum seems to have had this query raised but none that I've found have the answer. Odd.

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
Hairybo

Hairybo is on a distinguished road

Hi. Have had the same problem in Safari on the iPad, but only when I've got more than 6 tabs open, and then only on the ones farthest to the right. Hope that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I find that I cannot replicate this problem you seem to be having -- either using Google through Safari or through the dedicated app.

The only suggestion I have is to actually power down the iPad and restart it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP : Ipad 2 not Restoring : tried updating firmware from 4.3 to 6.0 :( | Trouble rotating on ios6 »