New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Prevent apps appearing on all devices

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

OK - I just realized that any app I now buy on my iDevice, immediate starts downloading on my wife's device.

I bought Infinity Blade II on my iPad about 30 mins ago, and it started downloaded on both my iPad and my wife's iPad. We share an iTunes account, but have different iCloud accounts, so this should not happen.

Anyone know how to disable this 'feature'? It seems like a sick joke to me...

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of

Forget it, I found the switch. Under settings->Store turn off automatic downloads. The trick is to do it on the 'other' iPad, not your own! Beware!

- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
We share an iTunes account, but have different iCloud accounts, so this should not happen..
Well of course it should (as the settings are set of course). As you yourself say, we share an iTunes account. Hello, that's what you use to buy apps with.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Well of course it should (as the settings are set of course). As you yourself say, we share an iTunes account. Hello, that's what you use to buy apps with.
Most families will share iTunes accounts, otherwise you buy Fringe Season 4 for $60 and no one else can watch it on their device. Doh...

But that doesn't mean that if I buy Virtual Bikini HD, that I want it appearing on my wife or kids iPhone, simply because they set their phone that way. Even worse, if it was a kid the parental controls don't prevent this.

Apple have had nearly 10 years to figure out how to apply profiles to iTunes accounts, and quite honestly it's about time they stopped arsing about and did it.

- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you said the downloads shouldn't happen. I pointed out that of course they SHOULD be happening, since you're both using the same iTunes account.

Other than that I agree with your position entirely.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New iPad in Thailand | What built in battery case will work with smart cover for 3rd gen IPAD? »