Specs:
    Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
    Is "the new iPad" worth it?
    I currently have the iPad 2 and I wanted to know how current iPad three owners like their new iPad. If you had a 2 do you think it is worth getting the new one?

I had the original iPad and upgraded so there was massive difference. Going from iPad 2 to the new is not going to be as big a difference however the screen is AMAZING! I would defiantly buy it just for the screen but I suppose it depends what you want from the iPad!

Specs:
    Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
    Really the only reason that i would want it is for the display. I really do not see any other need for it. I am going on spring break and the main reason is my grandpa usually lets me spend 500 and i was trying to decide on a macbook air or the new ipad and give my 2 to my mom.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitjetta View Post
    I currently have the iPad 2 and I wanted to know how current iPad three owners like their new iPad. If you had a 2 do you think it is worth getting the new one?
    Give this thread a read...a few folks (or more) have gone into detail regarding exactly what you're asking:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipa...-ipad-yet.html

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
    I've had all the iPads. IMO it's worth upgrading for the screen alone. The resolution is incredible. If seeing a crystal clear image is not a big deal for you then I see no reason to upgrade.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007

I felt it was worth it for the screen alone. Just as when the iPhone 4 came out and I was blown away by the screen vs. my 3GS. Being used to the iPhone 4 (now 4s) screen the iPad screen didn't blow me away, but it's what I wanted.....the same look as I'm used to on the phone. My kids use my iPad 2 so much that it was a no brainer for me....give them the 2 and get myself a new one. I'm very happy with it!
     MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
     MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
     iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
     iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I really enjoy my new third-gen iPad, but I upgraded from the original iPad. By comparison with that, everything is better. Everything.

If I had an iPad 2, I would probably just wait for the 2013 iPad. Yes, the screen on the new iPad is incredible, I love using the Siri dictation feature (I'm using it right now), I can read things for much longer periods of time comfortably than I could before, and the back camera is beautifully high resolution. but all those things and more will be on the next iPad, so I'm going to stick with my recommendation to upgrade every two years.

Thread Information