Question iPad accessories on a budget?
    I am planning to get the 32 gb new iPad, wifi only, and I need to get iPad accessories on a budget, I know I need some sort of protection for it, an external keyboard, and some small external speakers. can you recommend some good iPad accessories models to buy on a $75-100 budget?

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by ipadsandmac View Post
    I am planning to get the 32 gb new iPad, wifi only, and I need to get iPad accessories on a budget, I know I need some sort of protection for it, an external keyboard, and some small external speakers. can you recommend some good iPad accessories models to buy on a $75-100 budget?
    "iPad accessories on a budget"...is sort of an "oxymoron". If you can afford to purchase an iPad (which not many folks actually NEED)...then you should be able to afford the accessories.

It's sort of like saying you can afford to buy a Lamborghini...but can't afford to put gasoline in it!

My 2 cents,

- Nick

p.s. Why not buy the iPad now...and get the accessories later. The iPad is designed to not NEED any accessories.
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thanks, I guess?
    I only have enough money for the iPad and $100 for extras.

I really need the keyboard, since I will be using the iPad to type a lot.

I also have lots of video I would like to put on there, so I am opting for the 32 gb version, and that's also why I want external speakers.

But thanks anywhays

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Hard to beat the Apple wireless keyboard. And, if I was on a budget I would skip speakers altogether.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Then go for the iPad 2. The "new" iPad doesn't really add all that much in terms of functionality. I'd be willing to bet the casual user won't even notice a difference in the screen (except in running low resolution video and iPhone apps, which will likely suffer since they'll have to be scaled up to a much greater extent).

Then you'll have $200 for accessories, and it will be thinner and lighter to boot.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:

"Thanks...I guess"...Hey...just giving it to you straight. Lots of folks out there can't afford an iPad (and wouldn't even be dreaming of getting one).

Since you can afford to purchase an iPad...consider yourself lucky.

If you cannot afford all of the accessories you would like for the iPad right now...again...buy the iPad now...and get the accessories later (when you have more money).

Also...if you need all of these accessories...maybe you should be thinking of getting an older used laptop computer (to stay in your budget)...instead of an iPad.

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Thank you, and everyone else, for the advice.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Then go for the iPad 2. The "new" iPad doesn't really add all that much in terms of functionality. I'd be willing to bet the casual user won't even notice a difference in the screen (except in running low resolution video and iPhone apps, which will likely suffer since they'll have to be scaled up to a much greater extent).

Then you'll have $200 for accessories, and it will be thinner and lighter to boot.
    EXCELLENT idea!!! Definitely a great strategy to "leverage" more money for the "accessories" budget!

- Nick

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    And, as much as I hate to admit it, he's probably right about the resoloution. I'm tempted to upgrade from my iPad 2 but it probably isn't worth it.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Wait, don't give up.

You want a third-gen iPad AND you have $100 for accessories, and you say you need at least a bluetooth keyboard and a case. I can help you, I just happened to read about the very thing. Give me a second to find it:

Here we go, Belkin's YourType Folio. Features a removable BT keyboard in a folio-type case. $99.99

Belkin YourType Folio + Keyboard for The new iPad and iPad 2 F5L114

Mini-review: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...for-ipad-2012/

The keyboard is said to be exceptionally good for a BT keyboard of that style, and even has special function keys for iPad. I've been considering one of these myself.

Sorry I can't help you with speakers, but you likely have (or can get very cheaply) a set of earbuds or headphones that will have to tide you over till you can get some speakers (tax refund time coming up, ka-ching!).

Hope that helps.

Thank you, that looks like a very good product for something in my price range.

Thread Information