New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Will I be able to get a iPad 3 in store on 16th March?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shaiboyuk

shaiboyuk is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

First time poster, so don't shout at me

As the subject says, I'm looking to get my first iPad, and was wondering whats the chances of being able to get a iPad 3 in store on 16th March? I live near two stores in the UK, and would like to go in on the 16th and just buy in store. Will this be possible, or will they only have limited stock? or pre-orders? I would be buying the 32gb Wi-Fi version. What's everyone's experiences with previous iPad launches?

Thanks

Cheers
Shaiboyuk
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

They will have limited stock. I'm not sure what it's like in the UK, but in the US, they are already queueing up at some of the higher traffic stores.

If you didn't preorder it (for delivery to your door on the 16th), then I'd recommend checking the status of your local store and planning on getting there early.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
shaiboyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
They will have limited stock. I'm not sure what it's like in the UK, but in the US, they are already queueing up at some of the higher traffic stores.
queueing already? 5 days before launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
If you didn't preorder it (for delivery to your door on the 16th), then I'd recommend checking the status of your local store and planning on getting there early.
I was going to pre-order, but didn't have the money until last night and now saying 2-3 weeks for delivery
How would I check the status of my local store?

Thanks for your reply

Cheers
Shaiboyuk
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaiboyuk View Post
queueing already? 5 days before launch
Yep:

New iPad lines form outside Apple Stores - SlashGear

...and that's in London.

Quote:
I was going to pre-order, but didn't have the money until last night and now saying 2-3 weeks for delivery
How would I check the status of my local store?

Thanks for your reply

Cheers
Shaiboyuk
I would do a drive-by. It should be pretty evident if they're lining up.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
shaiboyuk

Thats hardcore!

I've done it once for a store opening here in Glasgow, UK.
But wouldn't be able to this week until thurday as can't get time off work :/

I'll try calling the store later and see if they will let me know how many they will have on launch day

Thanks again

Cheers
Shaiboyuk
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Yep, people are pretty passionate about their Apple gear, that's for sure.

QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Hmm - I wonder if they are limiting UK stock. I just checked the US online store and shipment is March 19th still (which is still later than the March 16th delivery of pre-order) but not 2-3 weeks out. I know one of the articles mentioned that this is the first time they are releasing the iPad across several regions for first delivery - but it didn't say anything about stock distribution.
QUOTE Thanks
shaiboyuk

Doesn't look to good for me getting on, not to mention those that pre-ordered if this is true:
Apple runs out of new iPads for Friday delivery - Computerworld
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I would say your chance of getting a new iPad from a store on March 16th is roughly approximately equal to your chance of winning the lottery while being struck by lightning while out on a date with Kate Moss.

If you're not already in line then I'd say the second shipment is much more likely, whenever that is (I think the 19th but that's just a guess).
QUOTE Thanks
Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 2011 Stock with Time Capsule. Ipad2 Colecovision

I am in no rush for an IPad 3. I will wait 3-4 months after release and see if it is worth the upgrade. May just wait for the Newer IPad (4)

Newbie of the year 2011
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

In case anyone reads this and is in the U.S. looking to get a 4G model, I just read that Verizon and AT&T will be selling new iPads (4G models only, of course) in their stores. That should alleviate some of the lines at the stores.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Johnny yu

Johnny yu is on a distinguished road

If i don't get and ipad 3 (in stores) on march 16th when will be the (next)* time I will be able to go to the store and buy it? Reply asap please
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny yu View Post
If i don't get and ipad 3 (in stores) on march 16th when will be the (next)* time I will be able to go to the store and buy it? Reply asap please
You're guess is as good as ours. We are not affiliated with Apple, Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
I am in no rush for an IPad 3. I will wait 3-4 months after release and see if it is worth the upgrade. May just wait for the Newer IPad (4)
OMG.

See you next March then!
QUOTE Thanks
Johnny yu

Johnny yu is on a distinguished road

Will I be able to buy the ipad 3 on march 16th at 11:20 eastern time. Can u tell me the chances of me buying an ipad 3 that day and that time?(in stores)

What are the chances of me being able to go to the store to buy an ipad 3 on march 16th 11:20 eastern time? What are the chances of me buying one that day at 11:20 knowing that people will be on line waitng for it also?

What are the chances of me being able to go to the store to buy an ipad 3 on march 16th 11:20 eastern time? What are the chances of me buying one that day at 11:20 knowing that people will be on line waitng for it also?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Serious iPad migration fears | President Obama presents the iPad! »