New York City
    i Mac OS X Lion
    Should I get 1 or 2 iPads?
    I want a new iPad. So does my child. Should I get 1 or 2? They aren't cheap. Is there a way to keep my child out of my iPad info if we share the iPad?

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    I say you buy 3, and then give me one..

We have a single iPad 2 in our house..and me, my wife and our daughter share it..she only gets to play with it on the weekends..

My daughter has her apps on that she's interested in, the same with my wife and me..for somethings that we do commonly (Facebook, Twitter) we've found clients that support multiple accounts..

Though, for things like E-Mail, we ended up just putting all of our email addresses in there and my wife just has to be careful when she sends emails out since my account is the default account..

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Anytown, USA
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad
    Depends on the age of your child and your discretionary income. Personally, I wouldn't get a child a brand new iPad. I would probably go for a refurb 16gb iPad2 that are currently selling from Apple for $349. They are always in perfect shape, carry the same 1 year warranty as new ones, and I think they are eligible for Apple Care+ (which might be a good idea for a child)
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    I say you buy 3, and then send one to vansmith..
    I agree completely!

Quote Originally Posted by ipadiphonemac View Post
    I will say get a ipad3 or "new ipad"....
    It's only $100 more than iPad2 but has a whole lots of hardware updates.
    That doesn't help since the OP is concerned with cost.

I really wish iOS had user accounts beyond the default one. At a minimum, I wish it had profiles for certain applications (I'm looking at you Safari and Mail). There's software available if you jailbreak but that's likely not worth it - every time I've jailbroken my iOS devices, the experience is terrible. As such, you're a bit out of luck if you want to use the device with multiple people if there are concerns about privacy.

Depending on what your child needs in a tablet, you might be able to find another tablet that's cheaper that still meets your needs. What does your child need one for?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Get the kid an iPad 1 or 2 from Craigslist or a refurbished iPad 2 from (assuming they really need one)
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Thread Information