New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Should I get 1 or 2 iPads?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacLover2011

MacLover2011 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i Mac OS X Lion

I want a new iPad. So does my child. Should I get 1 or 2? They aren't cheap. Is there a way to keep my child out of my iPad info if we share the iPad?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

I say you buy 3, and then give me one..

We have a single iPad 2 in our house..and me, my wife and our daughter share it..she only gets to play with it on the weekends..

My daughter has her apps on that she's interested in, the same with my wife and me..for somethings that we do commonly (Facebook, Twitter) we've found clients that support multiple accounts..

Though, for things like E-Mail, we ended up just putting all of our email addresses in there and my wife just has to be careful when she sends emails out since my account is the default account..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Depends on the age of your child and your discretionary income. Personally, I wouldn't get a child a brand new iPad. I would probably go for a refurb 16gb iPad2 that are currently selling from Apple for $349. They are always in perfect shape, carry the same 1 year warranty as new ones, and I think they are eligible for Apple Care+ (which might be a good idea for a child)

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
I say you buy 3, and then send one to vansmith..
I agree completely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipadiphonemac View Post
I will say get a ipad3 or "new ipad"....
It's only $100 more than iPad2 but has a whole lots of hardware updates.
That doesn't help since the OP is concerned with cost.

I really wish iOS had user accounts beyond the default one. At a minimum, I wish it had profiles for certain applications (I'm looking at you Safari and Mail). There's software available if you jailbreak but that's likely not worth it - every time I've jailbroken my iOS devices, the experience is terrible. As such, you're a bit out of luck if you want to use the device with multiple people if there are concerns about privacy.

Depending on what your child needs in a tablet, you might be able to find another tablet that's cheaper that still meets your needs. What does your child need one for?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Get the kid an iPad 1 or 2 from Craigslist or a refurbished iPad 2 from Apple.com. (assuming they really need one)

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Replacement board that the Power Flex Cable plugs into | Which US Data providers allow iPad hotspot use? »