New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Replacement board that the Power Flex Cable plugs into

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mdifyinc

mdifyinc is on a distinguished road

What is the name of the board that the Power Flex Cable plugs into and can it be replaced? I think I broke the socket on this board trying to remove the old flex cable with all that tape around it. The copper that makes a rectangle around the socket has a small gap in the copper. I have ordered a new power flex cable and wont be able to test it until it arrives, but I have a feeling I'm going to need to replace that board.

Picture is attached.

Thanks
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6186x.jpg (271.9 KB, 9 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

What device is this?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
mdifyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
What device is this?
It's an iPad 2.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdifyinc View Post
What is the name of the board that the Power Flex Cable plugs into and can it be replaced? I think I broke the socket on this board trying to remove the old flex cable with all that tape around it. The copper that makes a rectangle around the socket has a small gap in the copper. I have ordered a new power flex cable and wont be able to test it until it arrives, but I have a feeling I'm going to need to replace that board.
Lots of luck finding iPad parts! Here's everything iFixit has for the iPad:

iPad Parts - iFixit

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
mdifyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Lots of luck finding iPad parts! Here's everything iFixit has for the iPad:

iPad Parts - iFixit

- Nick
This is the piece I'm looking for, and I didn't see it listed there. I have no idea what the name is or how to search for it without a name. Thanks for your help though.

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iPad 2 Disassembled 2.jpg (82.0 KB, 8 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Have you been through iFixIt's repair guides? If those don't help, they have a forum where you almost certainly can find someone who knows what it is.
iFixit Discussions - iFixit

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipad 1 issue | Should I get 1 or 2 iPads? »