New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Apple Store getting hammered, offline again. Anyone get a pre-order???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I tried several times and even made it to the page to select the which iPads I wanted (it said limit 2 per person) but then it finally died again.Now the standard "we'll be back soon" message is up. Also tried the app and got just as far before getting an all white screen, and now that's all I get after several restarts.

Anyone actually get an order in, or is everyone missing out right now?

I guess I'll keep pounding on the old refresh button... beats standing in a line.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
zacster

zacster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel iMac 20" Core Duo 256mb VRam 115gb SSD 2gb Ram Finally!!!

The maintenance screen started coming up during the presentation. I've been trying since they started showing the retina display without any luck.
QUOTE Thanks
TheCyclist

TheCyclist is on a distinguished road

I got to the point where I had my iPad selected...when I hit continue on the right side bar...it stopped there. As of now, I have not got one preordered yet...the store is back down.
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

It is supposedly processing my payment right now, but taking forever! We'll see if I get an order confirmation in the next few minutes.

EDIT:

Thank You

Guess it's done!
QUOTE Thanks
zacster

zacster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel iMac 20" Core Duo 256mb VRam 115gb SSD 2gb Ram Finally!!!

Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

is all I get now.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Well it was quite a battle, but I think I have an order in. I was trying on two browsers: IE and Firefox. I got an order through on IE for two of the 32GB black wifi models. But the funny thing was the Firefox order for one also went through after that. I haven't gotten an email confirm on the second order, so maybe they'll catch the issue and cancel the second order. Either way, I'm hoping to have a little box of joy on my doorstep next Friday!

I got two: one for me and one for the fiance. If she doesn't want hers (fat chance!) I'll return it to my local store or put it up for sale.

My only advice to everyone else is keep refreshing and use multiple browsers, or clear history. Firefox kept telling me the store was down even as I was processing an order in IE!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I just got through about 20 minutes ago and just received my email, so keep at it!
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Well it was quite a battle, but I think I have an order in. I was trying on two browsers: IE and Firefox. I got an order through on IE for two of the 32GB black wifi models. But the funny thing was the Firefox order for one also went through after that. I haven't gotten an email confirm on the second order, so maybe they'll catch the issue and cancel the second order. Either way, I'm hoping to have a little box of joy on my doorstep next Friday!

I got two: one for me and one for the fiance. If she doesn't want hers (fat chance!) I'll return it to my local store or put it up for sale.

My only advice to everyone else is keep refreshing and use multiple browsers, or clear history. Firefox kept telling me the store was down even as I was processing an order in IE!
Thanks for the hint with multiple browsers. I tried Chrome before and didn't get far. Opened Safari and Firefox additionally and tried in all three at the same time. Just finished on Chrome. No confirmation email yet, but I see the "Thank you" message with order number.

QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

I got through and saw a thank you when the store went live earlier this afternoon. I looked at my account and I see my order is processing. It was dog slow and I had to hit buttons several times before it went through. Basically I hit the button and go the spinning wheel. The spinning wheel would go away and the button would come back. That is what I hit again. Hopefully I didn't order a bunch of them (My Accounts shows only 1) - but if I did - I may have some iPad 3s to get rid of
QUOTE Thanks
beckydiane

beckydiane is on a distinguished road

I just got mine ordered! Took awhile, but not nearly as long as I have experienced before trying to order a new iPhone Hope the rest of you are able to get thru! It says it will be delivered to my door on March 16th! That sure beats standing in long, long lines!!!
QUOTE Thanks
beckydiane

beckydiane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLasston View Post
I got through and saw a thank you when the store went live earlier this afternoon. I looked at my account and I see my order is processing. It was dog slow and I had to hit buttons several times before it went through. Basically I hit the button and go the spinning wheel. The spinning wheel would go away and the button would come back. That is what I hit again. Hopefully I didn't order a bunch of them (My Accounts shows only 1) - but if I did - I may have some iPad 3s to get rid of

When I finally got to my cart it said I had 16 iPads in it! lol I guess from all the going backward and forward trying to get it to process! I was able to quickly change to 1 iPad! haha

Y'all stick with it, just about the time you are ready to give up it will go thru!!!
QUOTE Thanks
TheCyclist

It looks like I just may have gotten my order in. When it reads "We are processing your order and will send you an email confirmation shortly. Please note that your order is subject to Apple’s Sales and Refund policy." on the screen, is that confirmation that the order has gone through? Thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

This was 100x less painless than the disaster of trying to get an iPad 2 last year. I'm glad Apple let us pre-order the iPad and have it on launch day. I don't really care for going to Best Buy and taking a chance.
QUOTE Thanks
DauntlessEagle

DauntlessEagle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black

I still have not managed to pre order mine ! Im in the UK and the store is still down.

Everything Mac !!!
QUOTE Thanks
TheCyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyclist View Post
It looks like I just may have gotten my order in. When it reads "We are processing your order and will send you an email confirmation shortly. Please note that your order is subject to Apple’s Sales and Refund policy." on the screen, is that confirmation that the order has gone through? Thanks for the help!
I figured out this message at the top does mean the order has gone through.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad demo | ipad in the plane »