New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Ipad2 WiFi damage?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Geep

Geep is on a distinguished road

I have an ipad2, and have had it since the day it was released a little more than a year ago, it has served me well, and i have only had to repair the digitizer glass once. Accidents definitely happen, and though the ipad2 has been rugged, i am experiencing a new issue with my WiFi.

A couple of things to note. I do not think this is a router issue, as i have an ipad1, an iphone, and several ipods that do not have this problem. Also, my 3G connection appears to work flawlessly still.

My problem is that I am not ale to maintain a consistent wifi connection unless i am within several feet (like less than 10) from the router. When comparing to other ipads, and to how mine seemed to work only weeks ago, the signal is extremely poor. It seems as if when i depress on random points aout the perimiter of the ipad the signal sometimes temporarily improves, but not always. As you can imagine, i am now chewing through 3G data without reliable wifi service.

Please help! Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
iLove

iLove is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Always the newest iPad

Take it in, mine has never lost wifi....ever
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

Maybe when the fixed the screen they messed up the wifi antenna because the antennas are right under the glass.
QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

i have had this issue also....when i cook in the kitchen (open plan house also but slightly L shaped) and watching movies, the VPN and WIFI drops out constantly....

As the movie is on in the background, it is not a massive problem, but still, the problem exists on on my iPad2...only
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Yellow verticle line appearing on my iPad 2 display? | two issues with iPad2 »