New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad 2 issues ...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SVHarmony

SVHarmony is on a distinguished road

Good morning, I have the ipad 2 and last night before going to bed I plugged my ipad into the usb to charge and sync. About 2 a.m. I was waken up from the sound of the ipad 2 sounding like it was being woke up. The sound was going on about every 2-3 seconds. I unplugged it and the beeping (?) sound stopped, I attempted to wake it up but the screen was black and only a faint circle type wheel going around in the center like something was trying to happen. This morning when I got up I plugged it into the electrical plug to see if it just didn't like the usb ... not so, nothing happens other than when it is plugged in it makes that noise. Any suggestions as to what to do now?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Hold the home and power button until the device resets and see if it starts to behave properly again..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
SVHarmony

SVHarmony is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much ... that worked. What would have caused that to happen?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Could be a wide variety of things related to the OS or application or something. Generally it's hard (and supposed to be) for the end-user to determine what failed here. If you have Xcode installed on your machine then when you connect the iPad, it will grab some debugging information and allow you to explore that or send it off to Apple for analysis.

I've, generally, found the iOS based devices to be very resilient and only have to hard-reset it in this fashion when some application misbehaves or leaves the OS in some funky state.

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

The only thing I can thing of (and this is strictly a WAG) is a power surge.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gps | iPad 3 news? »