New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Review: Cosmonaut pen for iPad

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

The Cosmonaut is a capacitive stylus that was launched to much hype last Spring on Kickstarter. Created by the same guys that made the Glif tripod adapter for the iPhone, the Cosmonaut suffered a few shipping delays before arriving in the hands of backers this winter. Its creat... ... Return to article to continue reading.
QUOTE Thanks
I.M.O.G.

I.M.O.G. is a jewel in the roughI.M.O.G. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: I believe Mac's are meant to be admired, not owned

Nice review Aptmunich, quick and to the point giving a good feel for what to expect. How do you like the fit in your hand? It looks as though it could feel a bit like one of those fat crayola crayons we used as kids, but hard to judge from the pictures.

Matt Bidinger
Community Manager
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Thanks!

Yeah, it definitely has a dry-marker / crayola feel to it. I think they actually mention somewhere that they were specifically going for that type of feel.

It feels great in the hand!
QUOTE Thanks
monosan

monosan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro, MacBook, AppleTV, iPhone, iPad etc :)

is there any way of attaching it to say a keyring?!? (like the 'ligature' in the Glif+)
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Thanks!

Yeah, it definitely has a dry-marker / crayola feel to it. I think they actually mention somewhere that they were specifically going for that type of feel.

It feels great in the hand!
Well it does look like an oversized crayon. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

No, there's no way to attach anything and it's a little big for a keyring really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monosan View Post
is there any way of attaching it to say a keyring?!? (like the 'ligature' in the Glif+)
QUOTE Thanks
sewellarts

sewellarts is on a distinguished road

I've been using a Dagi stylus with great results. I've loaded several drawing apps, including iDraw, SketchbookPro, and ArtRage, and have been able to do some pretty impressive illustrations with the Dagi. I also use it for taking notes in Penultimate, and since the Dagi feels more like a "real" pen/pencil, its much more natural for writing or drawing. This stylus seems very bulky and a bit cumbersome (although that may be great for those with arthritis or other disabilities), but for my money I'd go with the Dagi stylus. thanks for a great review!
QUOTE Thanks
safarisurfer

safarisurfer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13 inch 2012 Air

This stylus does absolutely nothing better then any other stylus other then being the size of a crayon. I cant believe this project even got funding. The tip is not that small and there are others that already have a similar size tip or smaller. this offers nothing that isnt already available.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Here's a good app to go with it:

Paper by FiftyThree for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Bear in mind that it's real cost is $8, but I have to tell you the responsiveness of the pens is just mind-blowing.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Here's a good app to go with it:

Paper by FiftyThree for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Bear in mind that it's real cost is $8, but I have to tell you the responsiveness of the pens is just mind-blowing.
Yeah I've been playing with that app a bit as well - the clever part is that they make my dreadful handwriting look great...
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

I've been looking at the Cosmonaut pen for a while now. Finally ordered it yesterday after I found a 20% off coupon code. Looking forward to getting it.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipad 3 Cellular Data Plan Question | Ios 4 or 5 on iPad 1 »