New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Thinking of Buying an iPAD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eaglesclaw121

eaglesclaw121 is on a distinguished road

I'm a newbie and don't know much about them. I'm hearing the iPAD3 is coming. Is it worth it to wait and any ideas of the cost of the new one?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

There's nobody here who can answer your questions with any degree of knowledge, but here's a few things I can tell you:

1. It's iPad, not iPAD. It's not an acronym.

2. The first one came out in April 2010, the second one came out in March 2011. While a lot of people expect a new one to come out in roughly the same time frame this year, Apple has not made any official announcements (or even hints) and are NOT bound to any sort of schedule. The iPhone "normally" comes out in mid-summer only this year it didn't, you see what I mean?

I and a lot of other people would be surprised if one doesn't come out in the spring. But that's just because of the history. No idea what the cost would be, I can only tell you that the cost did not change between version 1 and version 2.

As for the device itself, it's a true marvel of the age IMHO. Like the iPhone, I'm just astounded every time I use it that so much computing power has been packed into such a great package. I never thought I would see the day when such devices make notebooks look bulky and complicated, but there we are (not that an iPad is quite a replacement for a notebook, mind).

I really love mine (the original model) and our friends really love theirs (the iPad 2). If you're not a bleeding-edge user you can find good deals on refurbished or new iPad 2s right now, and enjoy using them right away. Then if the iPad 3 comes along and it's really that much more awesome, you should be able to sell your 2 for not much less than you paid for it. Or you might want to continue to enjoy it and wait for the iPad 4.
QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

Nobody really knows for sure when the iPad 3 will be ready and i am probably right in stating that most people on here will not know what the main differences are between the iPad 2 and 3 beyond that which can be Googled...so

if you want one badly enough, buy it now. Then when the iPad 3 comes out, if you still think it is great, sell the iPad 2 and buy the iPad 3.

Cost: not sure, but no less than the iPad 2 so use that as a gauge.

good luck, J
J
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

If you always wait on the next version of something, you will never own it.

Speculation and rumor are all that are for sure when it comes to stats and release date for apple products until you hear it directly from apple.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad and Mac Mini | iPad 1 Green Screen Problems *After Warranty?* »