New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Is it worth buying the iPad 2 after 1 month

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eimantas1994

eimantas1994 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ipad 3 64gb

Is it worth buying ipad 2 after 1 month,or I should to wait ipad3?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimantas1994 View Post
Is it worth buying ipad 2 after 1 month,or I should to wait ipad3?
I'm sort of confused by your question..."1 month" after what?

The iPad 2 has been available since March, 2011 (in the United States)...so I'm confused by the "1 month" reference.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
eimantas1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I'm sort of confused by your question..."1 month" after what?

The iPad 2 has been available since March, 2011 (in the United States)...so I'm confused by the "1 month" reference.

- Nick
just in that time i will have 600 euros and i very want to buy ipad2,so now i cant buy it now because i didnt have money ..
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
just in that time i will have 600 euros and i very want to buy ipad2,so now i cant buy it now because i didnt have money ..
Ahh...that is a TOTALLY different question/situation!!!

Personally I would say wait. Traditionally the new iPad models are released around Feb./Mar. in the United States. And it may take 1-2 months or longer before they show up internationally.

So you could wait and see if the changes/improvements in the iPad 3 are interesting to you. If so...wait for the iPad 3...if not...then get an iPad 2.

Or if you "just can't wait"...you could buy an iPad 2 now...use it for a few months...see what the iPad 3 features are...then sell your iPad 2 if the iPad 3 seems like a big enough improvement for you.

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
eimantas1994

Quote:
Ahh...that is a TOTALLY different question/situation!!!

Personally I would say wait. Traditionally the new iPad models are released around Feb./Mar. in the United States. And it may take 1-2 months or longer before they show up internationally.

So you could wait and see if the changes/improvements in the iPad 3 are interesting to you. If so...wait for the iPad 3...if not...then get an iPad 2.

Or if you "just can't wait"...you could buy an iPad 2 now...use it for a few months...see what the iPad 3 features are...then sell your iPad 2 if the iPad 3 seems like a big enough improvement for you.

HTH,

- Nick
Thanx Nick
And also ,for what basically ipad is created for? Do you think it is good for watching movies, or it is only for surfing web?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
And also ,for what basically ipad is created for?
Shouldn't this question be answered before you start saving the 600 euros to purchase an iPad 2?

Quote:
Do you think it is good for watching movies, or it is only for surfing web?
Sure...these are two great reasons & very common activities for an iPad. But for me, and I had a limited budget (which most people do)...and if I needed a newer & more powerful laptop computer...I would buy that first (but that's just me).

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Traditionally the new iPad models are released around Feb./Mar. in the United States.
Sorry to correct you, but my alter-ego is Pedantic Man.

The original iPad was announced on January 27th, 2010 and shipped in April.

The iPad 2 was announced on March 2nd of this year, and shipped on March 11th (all dates are for US shipping).

So as you can see, there is no "tradition" here. The current speculation on the iPad 3 puts its arrival (at least in the US) in the March timeframe. Anything's possible of course but given that the iPad continues not to have any real competition (combined Kindle sales, maybe), so my own speculation would be that Apple's not feeling much pressure to get a third iPad out as quickly as possible. The year anniversary feels about right at the moment. Just my opinion, obviously.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Sorry to correct you, but my alter-ego is Pedantic Man.
Hey...come on man...I was mostly generalizing...only off by a couple weeks for the iPad 1, and correct for the iPad 2. Good enough for the purposes of this discussion.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I would wait until march if not then they are going to do a new release in the fall with the next "iphone 6".
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad 1 Green Screen Problems *After Warranty?* | iPad2 vs. Kindle Fire »