New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Is it possible that iPad 2 has expired warranty already?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dissed23

dissed23 is on a distinguished road

I'm planning to buy this iPad 2 so I asked for the serial number. When I checked it, it says that it has expired already. But since it was released this year, it was dubious. How did that happen?

Is it still safe to buy that kind of iPad 2?

Please help me! Thanks!!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Are you CERTAIN that it is in fact an iPad 2? There are a LOT of copycat tablets around and I'm always DUMBFOUNDED when somebody shows me their "iPad" (that they are complaining about and, as always, blaming Apple) and it's an Android knock-off.
QUOTE Thanks
Leiyah

Leiyah is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD

The iPad 2 was released in March of this year, so every one of them should still be within the 1-year manufacture warranty. When you were informed of an expired warranty - was it a website you checked, or did you call a customer service line?
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Sounds like it is an iPad 1 with no Apple Care.
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Unless it is an iPad 2, and OP is talking about the 3 month phone support. There's every chance that could have expired...

OP, what site was it you got your info?

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad 2 exchange | iPad first gen hard drive »