New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

user manuals for ipad 2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

storis

storis is on a distinguished road

I want to give an Ipad2 to my sister for Christmas, she in not very tech savvy, what is the best book that will let her know everything you can do with the Ipad, and explain clearly how to do it. I know about the "For Dummies" books they explain clearly but are there any books out that are better?
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

I like the missing manual series - but there are several guides available for free in iBooks and on the Kindle app. Of course it may be better to have an actual book instead of trying to learn on the iPad itself.
http://www.amazon.com/iPad-Missing-M...dp_ob_title_bk
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

My wife used the iPad Users Guide in iBooks.
QUOTE Thanks
iHaveMac

iHaveMac is on a distinguished road

There is a Bookmark in Safar on the IPad 2. The bookmark is called: IPad user guide.
I don't think a book or manual is needed.
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHaveMac View Post
There is a Bookmark in Safar on the IPad 2. The bookmark is called: IPad user guide.
I don't think a book or manual is needed.
+1

As long as your sister can find Safari and locate the bookmarks, she'll be fine with that.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lock Screen | Digital Copy on iPad »