Unhappy Ipad 1 not detected anywhere
    Hi to everyone,
    I'm having an issue with my Ipad 1. When I connect it to my computer, it doesn't show up anywhere. Itunes Doesn't detect it and it does not appear on the desktop. By the way, I am using a macBook Pro 15,4".
    I have tried detecting it in DFU mode, but even with that nothing happens. I have tried all cables I had, including the original Ipad cable I got with it.
    I have to add that the Ipad is password protected, and that I don't remember the password since I haven't used it in a long time, (since the issue originally appeared...)
    I thought the password was causing the issue but since, the issue came before I forgot the pass, I don't think it has anything to so whith it... Still, if anyone has got an idea...
    I tried syncing it with the mac it was sinced with first, as apple told me to do, but the problem remains the same, the Ipad stays undetected.
    I have looked for some more answers on the apple support, where it was said that the issue came from Itunes and that I had to move some files to the trash ( see :Mac OS X v10.6: iOS device not recognized in iTunes after restart )
    I tried locating the file called but it seems to be missing, even after reinstalling Itunes, the file still is missing... I don't really know what this file is for, but since it should help solve my problem and is missing, I was thinking it couldn't be a coincidence...

Anyway, thanks In advance for helping me out here

27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    Do you have another machine - maybe a friend's machine, that you could connect it to.

That way at least you'd know whether it was your Mac or your iPad that has the issue.
    External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post

Hey, thanks for the reply. I already tried connecting it to another machine, it didn't work. The Ipad seems to be the problem so i would like to restore it to factory settings but since it is password protected I can't acces anything.

Thread Information