New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Download videos from youtube

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nashh

Nashh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB

Hello folks,

Is there any way to download videos from YouTube to ipad2 ? Thanks in advance...
QUOTE Thanks
TabletRevlution

TabletRevlution is on a distinguished road

No

There is a converter to change the videos to files portable devices can read, like my PSP, but first I don't think you can put typical files on an iPad, second it's a pain because youtube is against you keeping their videos so constant upadting of the converter is needed.

QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Mac Specs: Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabletRevlution View Post
No

There is a converter to change the videos to files portable devices can read, like my PSP, but first I don't think you can put typical files on an iPad, second it's a pain because youtube is against you keeping their videos so constant upadting of the converter is needed.
Thanks TabletRevlution,

Ok converting and updating videos does seem cumbersome. My issues; was going out on a family vacation to a remote venue. Just wanted to upload cartoon episodes for my son. Anyone knows how to get Tom & Jerry etc. on iPad ?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You can easily get YouTube videos on your iPad; you just can't do it directly from the iPad.

You use a downloading tool such as MacTubes on your Mac to download the videos in MP4 format, then add them to iTunes, then sync the iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
You can easily get YouTube videos on your iPad; you just can't do it directly from the iPad.

You use a downloading tool such as MacTubes on your Mac to download the videos in MP4 format, then add them to iTunes, then sync the iPad.
Thanks chas_m, ok will try to do that. I have never sync iPad to the Mac, the iTunes (for ipod) in my Mac has songs to the power of infinity. Now If i were to do download YouTube videos through my Mac will all the contents of my Mac iTunes come into the iPad ? Just want to get the downloaded videos...
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You don't say if you're on iOS 5 or not, but I'm going to assume you're syncing wirelessly. Every iPad until very recently was tied to a copy of iTunes. If yours isn't, now's the time to do that.

Once that's done, you'll see that you can control exactly what does and does not get synced to the iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Hi chase_m, thanks for the inputs. Ok I have managed to download YouTube videos using Mactubes. Have copied videos in iTunes (MacBook) in the movies category. May sound dumb as I've never done it before, how do I sync the same to iPad ? Can transfer be done using Bluetooth ? Again I was trying to pair iPad with MacBook, the iPad Bluetooth icon is grey and unable to discover the Mac ? I know lots of questions but will appreciate SOS ! Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

iPad does not sync with anything (except headphones and keyboards) over Bluetooth. Plug the iPad into your Mac using the USB sync cable. iTunes will open. Select your iPad from the Devices list in iTunes. Explore.
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Thanks for all the information. I have finally managed to get videos in my iPad. Now is there any way I can organize them??
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Put iPhone 4 replacement camera in iPad 2? | ibook g4 to use with ipad »