New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Adobe alternative for the iPad.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lhordichok

lhordichok is on a distinguished road

What do you do if your websites use Adobe, but the iPad is unable to use it? This is pretty critical for hubby's websites and his business. It's the main reason we got the iPad for him.... any solutions?
QUOTE Thanks
aestheticxxlove

aestheticxxlove will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" Mid 2009 4GB 500GB 7200RPM, Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2010 8GB 750GB 7200RPM, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhordichok View Post
What do you do if your websites use Adobe, but the iPad is unable to use it? This is pretty critical for hubby's websites and his business. It's the main reason we got the iPad for him.... any solutions?
If you are meaning Adobe Flash, the iPad does not support it. There may be third party applications that will allow you to run it but I'm not sure.

QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Why wouldn't you guys have done research first before throwing down at least 6 bills for something that will be essentially useless for him on that level of productivity?

My suggestion would be to get an Android tablet if Flash is (hopefully that's what you meant by "Adobe") critical for his work. The Samsung Galaxy isn't bad at all. Great screen actually, perhaps better than the iPad's. The Blackberry is actually better than the Galaxy in terms of less bloat. I like the UI better.

I love our (well, my wifes) iPad, but I bought it knowing its limitations. Perhaps your hubby should consider rebuilding his site(s) with HTML 5?

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Depends also if they want other iphone and ipad users to access the site.

Why don't you give us a URL and we can see if the site really needs flash at all or cane be redone using HTML 5

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
lhordichok

lhordichok is on a distinguished road

I guess I should clarify....my husband goes onto websites that uses Adobe for some of their pages. He can't view them. Is there any Apple app that works?
I'm not that computer sauvy to think of all the potential problems or what's not compatible. I just thought Apple iPad was just the thing! I just wanted to get some answers from the "pros" and seasoned users!
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

It has been very common knowledge that Adobe Flash does not work on iPads since day one. At the very least, your husband should have known this. Unless of course you bought it as a surprise. There are a couple of browsers that might work, but not sure. I'll have the others chime in with that one. I think that "Skyfire' was one of them, but didn't think it was that good of a browser when I tried it some time ago.

Perhaps Opera browser? Again, I'll defer to the knowledge of the elders for that one. You could always just try and Google for the answer. That's what I usually do first.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Try Skyfire
Skyfire Web Browser for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store
or Puffin
App Store - Puffin Web Browser
I have both - and the combination seems to get me to most Adobe Flash sites.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad1 - iOS5 update? | ipad original doesn't show notifications on lockscreen »