Romford, Essex, England, GB
    iPad Air, WiFi & 4G, 16GB
    Question Choosing an iPad 2; entry-level 16GB or more? Considering iCloud... there any necessity for an internal volume of storage greater than the basic amount (which is hardly small itself) these days?
    For my purposes as an engineering undergraduate; Windows is respectable (& generally necessary), Linux is admirable (& often useful), OS X is enjoyable (& requires no further justification, although plenty could be given)!

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Depends entirely on your usage..if you plan on storing a lot of music, movies, shows and so on, then the 16GB will be eaten up quickly. I mainly use my 16GB iPad 2 for streaming music, a lot of various apps (for all family members), browsing and my case I use about 6GB of this works for me..

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

London, Londonshire, England.
    13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
    Depends how much music/photos/videos/apps you put on it?

If you're efficient, by only putting the things on there that you use, then 16gb will be more than enough.

I've got a 32gd iPad, and rarely go over 10gb by cycling my music, and removing apps that I haven't used for a while, but still keeping them on the iMac in case I decide to use them again.

That's my approach to it, anyway.

Rocky Mountain High, Colorado
    1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
    It's all about the media. But don't forget Apps can take up a bunch of room too. I have a 64GB iPad filled to the brim with music, apps and movies. I have a few magazine apps that take up a pile of space when a new issue is downloaded. Not to mention Map apps that download the entire map to the iPad. But if you don't do these things and only use it for internet and streaming then you don't need a large iPad.

I travel a lot and I don't have the luxury of internet access on long plane flights so I like having my media with me.

Seattle, WA
    2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
    My first one was a 32GB, but the current "2" is only 16GB. I found that I just wasn't using the space. Now the 16GB is less than half full.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrl-Opt-Del View Post there any necessity for an internal volume of storage greater than the basic amount (which is hardly small itself) these days?
    It depends what you want to do on your iPad. If you want to watch movies a lot 16 GB is filled quickly

Thread Information