New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iOS 5 and new apps

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Leiyah

Leiyah is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD

After my iPad finished the update I've a couple new icons/apps that have been loaded and do not seem to be able to be removed. In particular, there is a Newsstand icon I'd like to remove or hide.

I tried putting it into a "folder" of other apps but it will not allow me to put it in there. (Does that make sense?) It let me move the Messages icon into a folder of apps but not the Newsstand.

Any ideas? I don't read magazines and cannot imaging needing to use this Newsstand app in the near future.

TIA!
QUOTE Thanks
RadioSaigon

RadioSaigon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0

Someone was discussing the same problem in another thread earlier... apparently the Newstand app is a folder itself -hence, it can't be placed inside another folder. It should be easy enough to move it to another "page' where it's less obtrusive though! I'd link you to the previous thread, but I'm not sure which it was in!

Keep it Straight with Rudder
QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

Some one posted this thread earlier advising how it may be possible to put newsstand in a folder.

That hide-the-Newsstand trick? It works

good luck

J
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need advice/help on best way to setup wifes new iPad2 in our house. | Spam on yahoo mail »