New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Trouble erasing photos from first-gen ipad

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jhallett17

jhallett17 is on a distinguished road

So my Dad got an iPad 2 and gave me his first iPad to take to University with me. I plugged it into my mac and clicked erase and sync.
So I have a folder of over 300 pictures I want to put on the ipad. I went to the photos tab in the ipad management screen in itunes and selected sync from folder, and I picked the folder. In itunes, it says 367 photos are to be synced. Then when I sync, only 33 are on there, and all of my dad's photos from before were still there too.
Since I never use iPhoto and have no photos in it, I decided to sync the ipad to iphoto, to try and erase all of it. Now in the photos tab in itunes it says 0 photos, yet when I sync, all of my dads old photos are still there.

Anyone able to offer any help?
QUOTE Thanks
class77

class77 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4

Are you wanting to keep the apps your dad had on the iPad? If not, the best thing to do might be to reset the iPad. It's under Settings/General/Erase All Content and Settings. That would allow you to make the iPad 100% your own and return it to factory settings

 24" iMac, 3.06GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10.6.8
 2011 Mac mini, 2.7Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 10.7.3
 iPad3 64GB, iPad2 32 GB
 iPhone 4, 32GB  Airport Extreme 5
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Virtual ip on iPad2 | sync whole library to ipad2 ?? »