New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Buying an Ipad2 in US for use in UK

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alan45ni

alan45ni is on a distinguished road

Apologies in advance if this query has been answered.

I have a friend who is going to the US in a few weeks. Givent the rate of the Dollar it means that an Ipad2 is almost 100 cheaper in the US. Will it work when brought back to the UK. Is there a problem with using my UK itunes account to download apps for it.

Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Yes it will work in the UK. Assuming you're wanting to buy a 3G iPad2, there are two versions. One is for AT&T which uses a SIM card. The other version is for Verizon which does not use a SIM card. Make sure you get the version that's compatible with a carrier in the UK. If it's just the wireless model you want, then there will be no problem.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan45ni View Post
Apologies in advance if this query has been answered.

I have a friend who is going to the US in a few weeks. Givent the rate of the Dollar it means that an Ipad2 is almost 100 cheaper in the US. Will it work when brought back to the UK. Is there a problem with using my UK itunes account to download apps for it.

Thanks in advance
An iPad2 is also cheaper since you wouldn't be paying UK VAT. Make sure your friend doesn't get "busted" at UK customs...and ends up paying VAT anyway.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
alan45ni

alan45ni is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help guys
I had heard that there was an issur in the past regarding whether your itunes account was a UK one or a US one. I take it this is no longer a problem
QUOTE Thanks
aoifeee

aoifeee is on a distinguished road

I've been wondering about this too. Good to know.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipad 2 keyboard options/combo's | Using First Gen iPad with porojector »