New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Ipad Apps won't open

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jrod81

jrod81 is on a distinguished road

hey guys
i am borrowing my boss's ipad. i have used it in the past but i know very little about these machines. when i click on an app, the screen blinks and then just takes me back to the list of all the apps... it does not open at all.
any suggestions?
jared
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

an app? any app or one or two apps in particular?

Hold the power button down - slide the slider when it comes up to power the unit off.
Then hold the power button again until you see the Apple to turn it back on.

That doesn't work, hold the home button and the power button down at the same time - until you see the Apple - can take 20 seconds or longer.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

Typically this is a bug with the authentication bit in the iPad. The easiest solution is usually to download a free application, enter your password for the App Store, and once the new app is downloaded, the rest should work as well. Being this is your boss's iPad, he'll need to enter his password to the App Store.

You can verify that it's an authentication issue by launching one of the built-in apps. If it launches, but 3rd party apps don't, it's the authentication bit.
QUOTE Thanks
aoifeee

aoifeee is on a distinguished road

When that happens on my iphone I clear the ram or restart it and it fixes the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
enesj

enesj is on a distinguished road

Hi guys i was same problem but i slove it
you can use iTunes to slove it connec your iPad with Itunes and click restore this process
and backup your ipad than it take a few minutes to backup and process goingon to download a new softweare than start install it to your ipad do not unplug ipad from itunes than ask you to start using ipad like you bought ipad for first time
thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Good Ipad2 case | Google earth »