Unhappy ipad 2 and skype on mytouch 4g
    I just downloaded Skype for the iPad2. It's works just fine with the iMac, question is does the iPad2 Skype ( video chat) work calling an mytouch 4g? I can't seem to get it to video chat. It calls just fine . Please help.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    What's a mytouch 4g?

the cell phone by t mobile

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    A quick Google search seems to suggest that unless you hack (pretty extensively) your phone AND install a special hacked version of Skype, it isn't going to work (video calling, that is).

It's entirely possible that Skype will enable this feature for the MyTouch 4G on their own in the foreseeable future, so my advice would be to wait and see -- wouldn't hurt to shoot an email to Skype asking about it either.

MyTouch + iPad 2 = Work Together
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    A quick Google search seems to suggest that unless you hack (pretty extensively) your phone AND install a special hacked version of Skype, it isn't going to work (video calling, that is).

It's entirely possible that Skype will enable this feature for the MyTouch 4G on their own in the foreseeable future, so my advice would be to wait and see -- wouldn't hurt to shoot an email to Skype asking about it either.
    I can confirm that they both work together. As long as you enable Video Calls on both devices under the Skype menu settings, it works. Both devices were connected under WiFi networks (one from California, the other from Texas). The calls did, however, drop a few times, but an HTC MyTouch 4G and iPad 2 using Skype video calling does work.

Thread Information