New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

HELP!!! IPAD back to start up screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gbryant

gbryant is an unknown at this point

I purchased a used iPad on here. It already had IOS5 installed. It has worked OK until now.... it is back at the original setup screen. Ive tried to go through the set up but it goes right back to the setup screen when finished...

HELP!
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbryant View Post
I purchased a used iPad on here. It already had IOS5 installed. It has worked OK until now.... it is back at the original setup screen. Ive tried to go through the set up but it goes right back to the setup screen when finished...
Since iOS 5 is NOT available for public use yet, it is highly subject to bugs and various issues. More so… we are unable to help you specifically with iOS 5 due to forum rules regarding unreleased software that is subject to developer NDA. See sticky here:
Discussions related to iOS 5

Basically, that iPad should never have been sold to you with iOS 5 on it. The owner either had no legal right to it, or violated his developer NDA. I urge you to seek a refund. Based on publicly available information, you can't normally rollback iOS 5 to an older version. Apparently there is a way IF you have a developer account with Apple.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You should definitely let the moderators know who it was that sold you this thing. We don't want people hawking illegal wares on here.
QUOTE Thanks
Chef_eam

Chef_eam is a jewel in the roughChef_eam is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S

Pretty sure this is the reason as well Apple Cracking Down on Developers Selling Device Slots for iOS 5
QUOTE Thanks
gbryant

gbryant is an unknown at this point

I called Apple , explained my situation. They are repairing my iPad.
Apple is a good apple...

As for the developers... ?
QUOTE Thanks
vengeance92

vengeance92 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: unibody macbook, macbookpro 15" intel i7 high res, ipad 1g 3g 32 gb, iphone 3gs, iphone 4s, imac g5

I'm guessing your iOS beta version was expired, I had the same problem but since I am a registered developer i could download the newer ios5 beta and everything worked again
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Search (YouTube) | Some General iPad questions »