New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Get ipad screen protector (amazon) - help?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AlienBZ

AlienBZ is on a distinguished road

I just decided to put on the screen protector on my ipad, but I think I did it wrong. First of all, the thin sticky sheet has bubbles all over the screen,

and the non-bubbly sheet (the stiff sheet) won't even stick onto the ipad case,

What is the proper way to put this screen protector on? Which sheet? Step-by-step, please?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

That reminds me of the homeowners that tried installing their own wallpaper and messed it up, then called me wanting to know how much it would cost for me to come and fix it.

What brand is it?

Where are the directions that came with it?

Almost all of those companies have a video on their website showing you the proper way to install their screen protectors. Have you been there to watch it?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
AlienBZ

AlienBZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
What brand is it?
It's this one. Doesn't look like it has a brand name. But it says it's sold by AccessoryOne.

ipad Screen protector

Quote:
Where are the directions that came with it?
It didn't come with any directions. Only a packing/order slip.

Quote:
Almost all of those companies have a video on their website showing you the proper way to install their screen protectors. Have you been there to watch it?
Don't believe this was even mentioned in the package contents. So no, I never watched that video.

I'm thinking of returning this screen protector (don't really care about the money I spent on it - only 1 cent plus S & H) and buying something better. What do you say? Recommendations? Where to buy - the local Best Buy store/Office Depot/Radio Shack?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Yeah, write that one off.

There are two brands I have first-hand experience with and know that they work well: Invisible Shield and Moshi. Can't go wrong with either one.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

A lot of folks recommend the 2 chas has mentioned. I've used BodyGuardz on all my iDevices and am pretty sure I'll be getting one of their products for my MBA.

They have videos there - but be forewarned, none of these screen protectors go on as easy as the videos indicate. None of the major brands are going to look like the one you have pictured there though.

The one you have - the other sheet is the one that you should be installing.

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Bob: the moshi one is utterly and completely foolproof. It CANNOT be put on incorrectly or have air bubbles, because it's a different design to "stick on" sheets.

You do have to take it off every few months and clean it and then put it back on, but big whoop, it's easy and works great. Been very happy with no bubbles.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

That does look pretty nice.

Forgot, I have a RadTech on my iPad and like it, but it's time for a new one.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« moving ipad and iphone (mobilesync) to external disk | What Ipad 2 Size would you recommend? »