New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad compatibility with PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JP86

JP86 is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if anyone out there with a PC can attest to the compatibility of the iPad (specifically iPad 2) with a PC. I have an iPod touch that is only mediocre at best in terms of compatibility and I understand that Apple products work almost flawlessly together, but I am not in the position right now to purchase a MacBook or anything like that right now. I have a couple of friends who just showed me how to get an iPad 2 for $5 on a website and a little help from some friends and seeing that one of them received theirs in the mail today, I'm pretty pumped about it! But if they don't work well together I don't know if I want to put the time and effort into it.
I appreciate any input/opinions you can throw my way.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

The iPad (first and 2nd generation) work with iTunes. As long as you keep your iTunes up to date, you shouldn't have any problems syncing with your computer.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
JP86

JP86 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your response. I had a feeling it would be just like using the iPod with iTunes. I guess it is tolerable if I get the iPad the way I am going to. There is no way I would pay full price though with my past experiences with iTunes on a PC. Just doesn't run as smoothly as it should.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

For some reason the phrase "if it sounds to good to be true ..." is stuck in my head.
QUOTE Thanks
wolfpuppies3

wolfpuppies3 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11 MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini

but mine have always worked perfectly with a PC via iTunes. Like it or not, that is the only way to communicate with an iOs device.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I already have an iPhone 4 | How to delete an application (hung) »