New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Few questions!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RhysC

RhysC is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 32GB iPad 2. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 2011 13" MacBook pro

First of all, I was wondering if there was a way to connect my ipad2 to my tv wirelessly? As in so I can see what I can see on my iPad screen on my tv.

Also, which accessories have you guys bought for your iPads? I've got a simple case and recently bought the camera connector kit which is fantastic, I'm also going to buy the wireless keyboard, any recommendations?

I'm looking for a new case and also a stand that will support my iPad vertically and horizontally, help appreciated! Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysC View Post
First of all, I was wondering if there was a way to connect my ipad2 to my tv wirelessly? As in so I can see what I can see on my iPad screen on my tv.
At the moment, no. With the iOS 5 update, you supposedly will be able to mirror the iPad's display to an Apple TV 2. Until then, the best you can do is use the AirPlay feature to stream music/video to an ATV2 from the iPad.

Quote:
I'm looking for a new case and also a stand that will support my iPad vertically and horizontally, help appreciated! Thanks in advance.
I haven't gotten around to ordering it yet myself, but the Griffin Loop is at the top of my list for stands.
Loop - A clean, simple stand for your iPad. - Griffin Technology

As for cases, Apple's Smart Cover is pretty slick, but here's a 3rd party version that I like. Well I think I would like if I had an iPad 2 (stuck with the 1 for now). The cover works like the Smart Cover, but they will custom engrave the leather for you, and it works with their bamboo case.
iPhone 4 and iPad Cases by Grove

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
RhysC

Thanks for the feedback! Do you have any idea when the update will be available? I quite like the look of that stand as well, not too keen on the cover though.

Another question, is there an app that will allow me to print things from my ipad2 on any printer wirelessly? I think I've got an app that will allow me to do it with Epson printers.

Think I'm getting the keyboard today and may buy a stylus as well.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysC View Post
Thanks for the feedback! Do you have any idea when the update will be available?
Apple hasn't said, but with the iPhone 5 expected in September or early October, it's most likely then.

Quote:
Another question, is there an app that will allow me to print things from my ipad2 on any printer wirelessly? I think I've got an app that will allow me to do it with Epson printers.
That normally requires a printer that is very specifically AirPrint-capable:
Apple - iPad - Print right from your iPad with AirPrint.

Otherwise, the only other solution I'm aware of right now is to install AirPrint Activator on a Mac and print through that. The Mac will have to be on to have the service available.
AirPrint Activator Netputing

There are a number of apps on the App Store that appear to offer the ability to print to any wi-fi or shared printer, but I have no experience with any of these, or know how they may be limited. They must almost certainly be limited somehow because of the way Apple limits functionality in iOS apps.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

iOS 5 will be released in the Fall of 2011. So, that's Sept, Oct, or Nov.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
RhysC

Thanks for the help I bought the wireless keyboard today, as well as an aluminum stand that uses a rubber cylinder to keep the iPad in place, so far so good!

Will I need a certain model of tv for what I want to do? Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
RhysC

Sorry, another question, if I create a document in pages or a presentation in keynote, how can I quickly transfer that to a PC? And will it need converting to a different file format? Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

life: you may want to have a look at this:
Accessories: iPad stand from Thought Out, case by Griffin | MacNN

If you create a document or presentation on Pages or Keynote for iPad, you can transfer it by email to your computer. However, if you didn't save it in Office or PDF format, your PC won't be able to open it.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I'm actually waiting to see what this one is like when it drops since it offers a charging dock. If it ever does drop. I've been watching it for a few weeks now.
mophie powerstand™ made for iPad Charging Station / iPad Stand
The Loop still wins for me as a portable solution, but I agree the Stabile would look great on the desktop.

------
------
QUOTE Thanks
RhysC

Thanks for the help, I decided to return the first stand I bought, as the rubber cylinder left marks on the back of my iPad (which I have been able to remove, eventually) I chose a 'compass' style stand second time round which is pretty good, it can hold the iPad portrait or landscape and at different angles. It should suffice until the prices of some others drop.

Looking forward to the new software now! Hopefully it won't be too long.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What is a good ipad2 case/keyboard? | moving ipad and iphone (mobilesync) to external disk »