Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adobe Flash Player + iPad2 (?)
    I'm frequently being told (eg by Google Street View) that I can't access a service because Adobe Flash Player is not on the iPad2. But when I go to the Adobe site I'm told that I can't get it because of a copyright issue.

Is there a way to view such sites with my iPad2?

Thanks ...

M

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    There are third party apps that allow you to view flash.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    I presume you're just using street view from the 'full' website.

You can use Street view from within the built in google maps app without issue.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    I presume you're just using street view from the 'full' website.

You can use Street view from within the built in google maps app without issue.
    Best way to go.
    If you have other flash viewing needs then check out iSwifter, it can get the job done.

Thank you for your help ... initially I'll check the 'full' website option.

M

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo1938 View Post
    Thank you for your help ... initially I'll check the 'full' website option.

M
    Ok. But I think you'll find the built-in native google maps app will perform better

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    Ok. But I think you'll find the built-in native google maps app will perform better
    Agreed.

I've downloaded iSwifter thinking that it would enable me to view the video clips on the BBC News site. But these clips still do not work. I'm not in the least interested in those games which the iSwifter app is proposing. So is there no solution to this Apple - Adobe spat? Can't one buy an app that would sort this out? Comments appreciated.

M

Specs:
    I can get BBC news videos on iSwifter, just tried. They have adverts because the iSwifter infrastructure is outside of the UK.

However, for BBC news videos you're best using the dedicated BBC News app.

Ah-ha! Right, thanks. I didn't know about the BBC app and will give it a try.
    M

Adobe vs Apple spat ...
    Thanks for the tip.

I've now got the BBC app and, sure enough, I can see the video clips when I tap this particular icon. However, there's still a problem when viewing the BBC site via Safari, which is what I prefer to do because in this way you can see the whole site and not simply a selection of video clips. Via my preferred method, it's still not possible to see any clips and video reports.

Is there an app that one can buy which will resolve this Adope vs Apple issue?

M

Specs:
    Do you get an error in iSwifter, because as noted above, BBC videos work fine.

They work in Skyfire too

No error message comes up; it's just that the clips and videos which are presented on the main BBC site at BBC News - Home still do not come over when I tap them. As I say, if I use the BBC app those videos work OK.

Could you pse try BBC News - Home and see if the videos come over automatically with the help of iSwifter? (I assume there should be nothing to do apart from just tapping the screen.)

Thanks - M

Specs:
    Works fine.

iSwifter is just a VM session with a machine in Canada AFAIK.

Videos and website appears as normal, if a little laggy and with advertising.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The basic problem is as follows:

1. Adobe has so far been unable or unwilling to produce a version of Mobile Flash that doesn't suck (even more than the regular Flash, I mean). Even on smartphones and tablets that fully support Mobile Flash, users complain of laggy performance, overheating and dramatically shortened battery life.

2. Apple would never allow a product like that onto its mobile hardware. If/when Adobe gets their act together, Steve has repeatedly left that door open -- but three years later Adobe hasn't stepped through it.

Thread Information