New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Want to transfer a note from ipad to macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ejy110

ejy110 is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone-
I'm new to the iPad 2 and am still trying to figure somethings out. After a lot of tinkering and a great deal of perusing sites, I haven't found an answer to what should be a simple task. I would like to transfer a note I wrote on my iPad to my macbook. This way I could also transfer it to my iPod. Oddly enough, I can transfer from my macbook to my iPad via iTunes but not to the reverse. Does anyone have any suggestions other than emailing myself the note?
Thanks!
ejy110
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

First you have to tell us what program you wrote the note in.
QUOTE Thanks
ejy110

It's that yellow note pad that comes with the iPad. As far as I know, it's just called "notes". I haven't downloaded any other note apps.
Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

It's in the preferences for your iPad. When you plug your iPad into your Mac, open iTunes and go to the "Info" tab in the main window. That shows the content of your iPad and also syncing preferences for that media type (music, apps, info, etc.).
iTunes has to be told to sync notes from your iPad to your Mac. Then when you plug in your iPod, go through the same procedure to tell iTunes to sync notes from your Mac to your iPod.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
ejy110

Thank you. However, that's where I'm running into an issue. It says it will replace notes, calendar, contacts, etc on my iPad from those on my Mac but I want it to do the opposite. That doesn't seem to be an option under info on iTunes. I'm logging onto iTunes on the Mac because this doesn't seem to be available on the iPad. Not sure what I'm missing here.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejy110 View Post
Thank you. However, that's where I'm running into an issue. It says it will replace notes, calendar, contacts, etc on my iPad from those on my Mac but I want it to do the opposite. That doesn't seem to be an option under info on iTunes. I'm logging onto iTunes on the Mac because this doesn't seem to be available on the iPad. Not sure what I'm missing here.
Not under "Advanced". Under "Other".
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 10.53.19 AM.png (22.3 KB, 34 views)

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

If you are using Mail on your MacBook your notes are probably being synched by default into one of your mailbox folders (mine are).

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« transfer Music Help | Which cable for iPad / iPod (?) »