Want to transfer a note from ipad to macbook
    Hello everyone-
    I'm new to the iPad 2 and am still trying to figure somethings out. After a lot of tinkering and a great deal of perusing sites, I haven't found an answer to what should be a simple task. I would like to transfer a note I wrote on my iPad to my macbook. This way I could also transfer it to my iPod. Oddly enough, I can transfer from my macbook to my iPad via iTunes but not to the reverse. Does anyone have any suggestions other than emailing myself the note?
    Thanks!
    ejy110

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    First you have to tell us what program you wrote the note in.

It's that yellow note pad that comes with the iPad. As far as I know, it's just called "notes". I haven't downloaded any other note apps.
    Thanks!

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    It's in the preferences for your iPad. When you plug your iPad into your Mac, open iTunes and go to the "Info" tab in the main window. That shows the content of your iPad and also syncing preferences for that media type (music, apps, info, etc.).
    iTunes has to be told to sync notes from your iPad to your Mac. Then when you plug in your iPod, go through the same procedure to tell iTunes to sync notes from your Mac to your iPod.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Thank you. However, that's where I'm running into an issue. It says it will replace notes, calendar, contacts, etc on my iPad from those on my Mac but I want it to do the opposite. That doesn't seem to be an option under info on iTunes. I'm logging onto iTunes on the Mac because this doesn't seem to be available on the iPad. Not sure what I'm missing here.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by ejy110 View Post
    Thank you. However, that's where I'm running into an issue. It says it will replace notes, calendar, contacts, etc on my iPad from those on my Mac but I want it to do the opposite. That doesn't seem to be an option under info on iTunes. I'm logging onto iTunes on the Mac because this doesn't seem to be available on the iPad. Not sure what I'm missing here.
    Not under "Advanced". Under "Other".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    If you are using Mail on your MacBook your notes are probably being synched by default into one of your mailbox folders (mine are).
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information