New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

How to manage apps ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nashh

Nashh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB

Hello folks,

I have downloaded many free apps out which many I have removed. There are about five windows containing apps etc but if consolidated can fit in maybe two or three windows. Now how do I shift apps to minimize the number of windows? Once again thanks for reading and helping out!
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Mac Specs: Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB

Anyone please let me know how to configure/manage apps ??
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

You have two options..the easier one is to connect your iPad to the Mac and in iTunes select the iPad and go to the Apps tab on top. Now grab one app and find another similar one and drop it on top of it, that will create a Folder. Name that folder something that makes sense to you and then drop other similar apps in that folder. Continue this until you have all of your apps grouped into nice folders and then sync that to the iPad..boom..you're done..

The harder way of doing this to do the exact same task on the iPad itself..hold ANY app until they all start jiggling around, now drag and drop apps on top of each other to create a folder and drag other apps into that newly created folder. Drop any app on an other app to create a new folder..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
You have two options..the easier one is to connect your iPad to the Mac and in iTunes select the iPad and go to the Apps tab on top. Now grab one app and find another similar one and drop it on top of it, that will create a Folder. Name that folder something that makes sense to you and then drop other similar apps in that folder. Continue this until you have all of your apps grouped into nice folders and then sync that to the iPad..boom..you're done..

The harder way of doing this to do the exact same task on the iPad itself..hold ANY app until they all start jiggling around, now drag and drop apps on top of each other to create a folder and drag other apps into that newly created folder. Drop any app on an other app to create a new folder..
Thanks razor edge, did not get a chance to do the easier way but did try in the iPad itself. Dragging and dropping apps on top of each other does create a folder but how do you drag different apps from multiple pages? That's just not happening?? Surely there must be a way to do it which I am missing out.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

One you're in the jiggly mode, you can go between pages with the normal finger swipes.

As an example, if you've created a new folder on page 1 and you have an app on page 3 that you want to drag into this newly created folder, you would swipe left twice to get to the 3rd page, then press and hold the app on page 3 you want to move and start to move it to the left side of the screen, and you will be moved over to the 2nd page with the app being dragged in tow, continue to drag the app the left side of the screen again and you'll be on the 1st page.

Now, drop the app into the newly created folder and you're done. Repeat the procedure for other apps.

Once you've done this and then try the easier method in iTunes, you'll see how truly easy it is in iTunes..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
One you're in the jiggly mode, you can go between pages with the normal finger swipes.

As an example, if you've created a new folder on page 1 and you have an app on page 3 that you want to drag into this newly created folder, you would swipe left twice to get to the 3rd page, then press and hold the app on page 3 you want to move and start to move it to the left side of the screen, and you will be moved over to the 2nd page with the app being dragged in tow, continue to drag the app the left side of the screen again and you'll be on the 1st page.

Now, drop the app into the newly created folder and you're done. Repeat the procedure for other apps.

Once you've done this and then try the easier method in iTunes, you'll see how truly easy it is in iTunes..

Thanks Razoredge, as for now I'll do it using iPad. I am sure doing it through iTunes will be much easier, will do that eventually. Thanks....
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Hey Razoredge, just wanted to convey that I've managed to configure my apps by creating different folders using the iPad. 5 minutes job done, thanks a lot for the know how... Screen looks so much organized.. Phew...
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Glad you got it all sorted..before Folders were introduced in iOS 4..I had about 10 pages of apps and had to constantly un-sync old ones to get new ones in..now i have about 3 pages of folders with countless apps..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Keyboard shortcuts not working ! | Ipad vs. Ipad 2?? »