New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

New owner needs advice.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

5tevie

5tevie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.

Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie iPad 2 owner and I could use a little help.
I have access to both Mac and Windows based computers but my new iPad has not been connected to either of them yet.
On my Mac Mini I have a folder full of e-books in ePub format which I understand is what the iPad 2 uses to read e-books.
On the iPad I have an App for e-books called iBooks.
My problem is, how do I get the e-books from my Mac Mini desktop to the iPad so that my wife can read all about Danielle Steele during the intervals when she goes to the Bingo?
Cheers for any info,
Steve

The trouble with letting people like me loose on the interweb with a debit card is that I now have the latest Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, 320 HDD and OS X 10.6.5 all wired up to a 70" LED screen ...... And not the faintest idea of how to use it.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tevie View Post
Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie iPad 2 owner and I could use a little help.
I have access to both Mac and Windows based computers but my new iPad has not been connected to either of them yet.
On my Mac Mini I have a folder full of e-books in ePub format which I understand is what the iPad 2 uses to read e-books.
On the iPad I have an App for e-books called iBooks.
My problem is, how do I get the e-books from my Mac Mini desktop to the iPad so that my wife can read all about Danielle Steele during the intervals when she goes to the Bingo?
Cheers for any info,
Steve
Apple - iTunes - Inside iTunes - Using iTunes to add ePub files to iBooks
QUOTE Thanks
5tevie

5tevie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.

Excellent.
Thank you Mr Lifeisabeach.

ps .... I know your brother, Mr Andthenyoudie.

The trouble with letting people like me loose on the interweb with a debit card is that I now have the latest Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, 320 HDD and OS X 10.6.5 all wired up to a 70" LED screen ...... And not the faintest idea of how to use it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What Can't an iPad do for a College Student | is it still hard to find inventory »