New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Noob iPad2 Queries?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nashh

Nashh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB

Hello folks,

Just got my new iPad2 WiFi 32GB yesterday. Am already using Macbook for about four years, just want to get few information about iPads. Firstly trying to download Mozilla Version 4 but Safari is unable to download. Not a Mozilla fan but certain banking websites csn be accessed only on Mozilla!! So got to have that in my iPad. Secondly, I wish to have games and other applications? Now that gaming center in iPad I guess just manages the games, there are'nt any games there to play? How can I get games for kids? Thanks for reading and helping me out.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Don't believe there is a version of Firefox for the iPad..can you try a different browser? Like Opera?

GameCenter is basically for keeping track of your achievements and for finding people to play games against..

You get games/apps for the iPad or any other iOS device through the iTunes Store. So fire up iTunes, choose the Store on the left and then choose Apps from the top bar when the iTunes Store opens up. You'll also see a selection of iPhone/iPad that will allow you to only look at games/apps for the iPad..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Unfortunately, Firefox is simply not available for the iPad and iPhone. You could use a browser like Atomic Web Browser and spoof the agent, basically making the browser pretend to be Firefox.

Game Center basically synchronizes your game status and applies a social element to gaming. It is not for downloading games.

You will download your games and apps from the App Store, which should be located on your home screen.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Your iPad isn't like a Mac. It runs iOS so you can't just download programs to it - the place to get programs is in the Appstore.

I don't know of any pure Mozilla builds on the Appstore - but there are plenty of Browsers on the Appstore - some that even support flash. I don't know what websites you are trying to go to but if they are flashed based then you need to buy one of the flash capable browsers (iswifter, skyfire, cloudbrowse, etc)

Games are also available from the appstore. The game center is like xbox live or psn - a place where games can hook up to to share scores, connect with friends, etc, it isn't a game in itself.

Consider getting appshopper - great app for discovering apps.
iPad Apps, iPhone Apps, Deals and Discovery at App Shopper - Popular Recent Changes for iOS

Appstart is a good overview app - for apps
AppStart for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

edit:typing too slow this morning
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Mac Specs: Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB

Thank you vey much folks, will try out different browser options. As or the games I'll check out the App Store. Guess will come back with more sooner or later.... Thanks a ton as for now.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Sorry, I missed the part where there was anything whatsoever wrong with Mobile Safari. Why precisely are you looking for a different browser again?
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

No issues with Safari but certain encrypted websites do not open using Safari.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Such as?
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Try idbi netbanking , let me know if anyone is able to crack it. One more query (sounds pretty weird although), I see practically all apple users having stickers put underneath their respectiver gadgets. Now the apple logo is already there, why an additional sticker on top of it? I have got the smart cover for the iPad, but that does cover the full iPad. Let me know your thoughts thanks...
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

I'm able to do my banking (credit union) on an iPad, it's awkward not having a hard keyboard however. Unless your bank is using Flash in some way I can't see why it wouldn't work, Mobile Safari has all the same security protocols as regular Safari.
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

iPad 2's virtual keyboard is pretty good, just got to get little used to it. As for my banking applications I am also not able to access it in the Macbook Safari. Have installed Mozilla for my banking solutions. Actually its quite weird, I always thought Safari is the most upto date browser in terms of technology. Maybe the bank is using Flash but guess there still has to be a way to go about it. Anyways.. thanks for all the info.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

Just to be clear, Mac Safari can handle Flash just fine, so that's probably not the issue.
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

I'll try Opera or Terra for my net banking in iPad or maybe some other browsers. I am already using the smart cover for the iPad. The lower part is still exposed and susceptible to scratches. Is it a good idea to use a file type leather cover (like the iPad 1 type). I live in a warm and humid place. Hope it does not get strangled if covered fully ?? Let me know your opinions.
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Terra did the job for me!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

Nashh: good to hear, thanks for the follow-up. There are a few companies that sell back covers for the iPad 2 that work in conjunction with an existing Smart Cover.

Products | XGearlive

CoverBuddy™ For iPad 2 - SwitchEasy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad 1 lags | Has anyone here tried this? »