New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Lost photos on iMac. How to recover from iPad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

paulbart123

paulbart123 is on a distinguished road

Hi there

Can anyone help? I was running low on disk space and in my efforts to free up space accidentally sent my iPhoto library to the recycle bin. Only when I was emptying the bin to free up the space on the hard drive overall did I notice that it was taking a time to empty. I had accidentally put 12,000 photos in there and was deleting them.

I stopped the empty but all seem to have gone as iPhoto only has the thumbs but all are empty...

I have the photos on my iPad. Is there any way of getting these photos FROM my iPad TO iPhoto or my iMac in general? I am only seeing 248 when I sync, only the ones generated on the iPad and not anything from the iMac or my other devices (iPhone, other iPad etc)...

Is there any way the original photos would be still on my iMac somewhere?

Trash in iPhoto still shows 12,841 images but they are all empty thumbs by the looks.

My iPad still has them all so I think the best bet is to get them form there to my iMac...

Thanks guys. All help really appreciated. I thought I had a back up on my MacBookPro but nope!

Paul
QUOTE Thanks
paulbart123

paulbart123 is on a distinguished road

Hi there

Can anyone help? I was running low on disk space and in my efforts to free up space accidentally sent my iPhoto library to the recycle bin. Only when I was emptying the bin to free up the space on the hard drive overall did I notice that it was taking a time to empty. I had accidentally put 12,000 photos in there and was deleting them.

I stopped the empty but all seem to have gone as iPhoto only has the thumbs but all are empty...

I have the photos on my iPad. Is there any way of getting these photos FROM my iPad TO iPhoto or my iMac in general? I am only seeing 248 when I sync, only the ones generated on the iPad and not anything from the iMac or my other devices (iPhone, other iPad etc)...

Is there any way the original photos would be still on my iMac somewhere?

Trash in iPhoto still shows 12,841 images but they are all empty thumbs by the looks.

My iPad still has them all so I think the best bet is to get them form there to my iMac...

Thanks guys. All help really appreciated. I thought I had a back up on my MacBookPro but nope!

Paul
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

First things first is you need to stop writing to the HD on your Mac ASAP. Then do a scan with a data recover program like Data Rescue (I believe $99 to purchase and free to try). Unless they have been overwritten your photos are probably still fully recoverable.
I doubt the iPad option is really viable because (I believe) the resoloution will be far less than your original.

Again, don't write to your HD (file saves, program installs . . . nothing) untill you try the data recovery option.

EDIT: Link to a data recovery package
http://www.amazon.com/ProSoft-Engine...7363436&sr=8-1

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I replied to your other post.

BTW, you will probably hear from the Mods. We understand your anxiety over loss of your photos, but multiple posts are not allowed on the forum.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Please only one post about a topic. Also moving this to the proper forum. Thanks for understanding!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

If all 12,000 of those pics are on your iPad you could try either Phoneview or PodtoMac.

Note that pics are automatically resized during transfer from your Mac to the iPad for the iPad's resolution. So, if you had large resolution files, they'll not be recovered in the same size they were.

Other option is going to be to use a data recovery app as suggested above.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And I missed that they may still be in the trash bin. Try a right click on a few of them and select restore. See if that puts them back where they came from or not.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Kanex XD + ipad 2 | Face Time and Smart Covers »